Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • I can see in the imagery the interpretation that Pawlusss has mentioned but I doubt it is intended as a religious comment, either by Alison or Pawlusss. I'm not aware that Alision is a God Botherer, quite the opposite.

Given the choice of where this was shot, probably more a metaphor on the volcanic heart of this landscape.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-03-16 16:57:39
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Thank you for the eye-opener, whispered.  Always nice to have a little discussion on here :D 
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Im going to ask a rather stupid question here but can someone explain the burning bush symbolism to me.

Is there some sort of God/Moses/Religious theme going on with the album or have i veered off the scale. Strangely i did feel a sort of religious/spiritual vibe with Seventh Tree.

I dont know if that was the intention but happiness and eat yourself feels like those songs that share motherly advice and wisdom.

• Basically the burning bush symbolism is about Moses going to a sacred mountain to receive the word of God.
    It went down something like this-

God- "yo, yo Moses..we gots to speak. Meet me where the Sun meets the Moon, oh and bring a tablet."

Moses- "oh, you mean a volcano? Where the Sun comes out of the Earth every night?"

God- "Word. Riddle me this- You'll see a bush that burns, but does not burn."

Moses- "Does this have anything to do with Commandments and Egyptian slaves?"

God- "Maybe"

Moses- "Thank-god, because these apes need help."

God- "Word to ya motha."

(Maybe I watched Hamilton recently, sorry)
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Needless to say, this has nothing to do with Goldfrapp. Unless you want it to!
  • Thought 14 new replies overnight meant something had happened. Instead it's a whole page about a burning bush. Blegh.

• Something had happened, the place wasn't a desolated binary field for a change :P
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • When 7th Tree came out, I always skipped Little Bird. Then I saw Goldfrapp perform it live,  and it changed everything. Little Bird is now my favorite song from 7T. 

So if you're not so crazy about Ocean, wait till you see them live, and you might love it!

Post edited by christianxvii at 2017-03-17 12:51:08
  • Ponygurl said:

God- "yo, yo Moses..we gots to speak. Meet me where the Sun meets the Moon, oh and bring a tablet."

Moses had an IPad? I dunno, religion gets more 17th Century every day!
  • 'and the word of God was cast upon tablets'
    Makes you consider what people will think in a 1,000 years time about what we are doing now.
  • I guess due to the artwork its generates curiosity doesn't it and i wondered if there was any religious symbolism. A lot of us do have different faiths so naturally we all see things in different ways.
  • Christian- I also love Little Bird too. Favourite song of them all.
  • 2 weeks until we look through the Silver Eye

• Not sure if already posted, but here's some promo material available from Mushroom to download, including all the press photos....

http://mushroompromotions.com/bios/album-bio-goldfrapp-silver-eye-mute-out-friday-31-march-2017/
  • Love this photo
    Post edited by tomato23 at 2017-03-18 08:59:54

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!