Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • I'm finding they're growers, not show-ers for me. They need a bit of space to get into properly. I felt that way with the clips as well. I do find her voice low in the mix in places, but I guess that's always an issue when mixing electronics. It's really nice to have the proper lyrics.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Huge fan here as well ryan.
    'Anymore' was instant love .. 'Ocean' took 5 listens (and now i love it).
    But i'm sure 'Systemagic' is gonna be my favo track -having heard the snippet- ;).
    That's 3 tracks i already like now ..  ('Head First' only had 2 good tracks for me so it doesn't get any worse).
    Really looking forward to this album.
    Post edited by react010 at 2017-03-11 00:39:59
  • Took me listening to Anymore while getting the train into town/Edinburgh and walking around a bit with it playing before I really got it.  Not had that opportunity with Ocean yet but i'm sure it would be the same.  

Having said that, I don't necessarily think these particular songs will be ones that I constantly play anyway, like any album you have your own favourites, and musically, singles don't always cut it as they are more focussed on commercial & charts success.  I agree that Systemagic seems to have a lot of potential, but i'm still most curious about Faux Suede Drifter as I am more of a Let It Take You man myself  
    ~O)
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • I know what you mean about them not being as instantaneous but maybe that's not a bad thing. At this point in Goldfrapp career, a shake up in their sound and formula is very welcomed. They're obviously doing things a little differently this time around (Alison responsible for artwork, no single artwork, no Goldfrapp logo, working with new producers etc) so a tweak in their sound is only natural. Reserving all my judgement until March 31st though.

• Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-03-11 04:50:40
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Love that 'plutonic dreams'.  Interesting lyrics altogether.
  • IMHO, for what it's worth, I've gone through life finding that the tunes- and the people- who I wasn't instantly drawn to stuck around the longest, had the hidden depths, revealed their magic slowly and enflamed either the deepest passion or at least love or admiration.You'll be amazed to hear that I have only played both Anymore and Ocean about ten times each to date. I want to hear the whole album while it all sounds fresh and let all the tracks age at the same rate if you know what I mean. I think this will be an album needing to be heard kind of like a concept album. That's why I'm reserving comment on anything for now!! Which is not to say not I'm not delighted with the new sound, I would rather choose my words carefully before I splutter them ! ( and yes, I still need to get working on those marriage vows!).
  • KatRobin said:

IMHO, for what it's worth, I've gone through life finding that the tunes- and the people- who I wasn't instantly drawn to stuck around the longest, had the hidden depths, revealed their magic slowly and enflamed either the deepest passion or at least love or admiration.You'll be amazed to hear that I have only played both Anymore and Ocean about ten times each to date. I want to hear the whole album while it all sounds fresh and let all the tracks age at the same rate if you know what I mean. I think this will be an album needing to be heard kind of like a concept album. That's why I'm reserving comment on anything for now!! Which is not to say not I'm not delighted with the new sound, I would rather choose my words carefully before I splutter them ! ( and yes, I still need to get working on those marriage vows!).

Based on that post I'd say your vows are going to turn out just fine.

• KatRobin said:

...You'll be amazed to hear that I have only played both Anymore and Ocean about ten times each to date...

Do I get sentenced to the depths of hell if I, personally, am not amazed? :P
    Soon be nothing of this world.

• KatRobin said:

You'll be amazed to hear that I have only played both Anymore and Ocean about ten times each to date.

I played them 10 times combined #notweak
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • LuDux said:

KatRobin said:

You'll be amazed to hear that I have only played both Anymore and Ocean about ten times each to date.

I played them 10 times combined #notweak

I broke my self-imposed ban on Frapp for Ocean, but it were only 9 plays so it doesn't count ;) Actually I didn't listen to much music at all during last month. Now I'm preparing for the Grand Premiere ;)

Post edited by Turqs at 2017-03-12 19:26:29
  • Thing is, both tunes are firmly implanted in the grey matter already. This is my tantric approach to music again- hell, we've waited patiently for this new album so a few more days won't kill me! I shall savour every little synth crackle, ripple and pop plus Alison's growling / purring all in one big aural frenzy!!
    ( pass the manacles and scarves lol!).
  • Ocean in particular has lodged itself in my brain! Almost from the first play it went in and stuck there.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • So it's like two weeks left?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!