Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 44 Comments sorted by
  • Jesus Christ. A grin spread across my face and my jaw hit the floor when that beat hit.

• I love it. It has a nice deep pounding industrial feel. She does well when pissed off. The lyrics remind me of the film 'Under the Skin'. A brilliant, thought provoking film in my opinion.

" I borrow bones, I borrow skin..to save me from the Hell I'm in."

U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Now THIS is what I'm talking about. Perfection.
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • Joey said:

Now THIS is what I'm talking about. Perfection.

I'm with ya. OMG... I just want the Ocean to suck me in... walking on the beach today & listening to this. No words left to say.....
    Post edited by Ultrauk at 2017-03-09 17:33:08
    Music Junkie
  • Now out on UK iTunes.
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • I'm in love, I'm in love, with a strict machine...

Reminds me of the old days. Gonna be great gigs for grooving. The menace is intense.
  • Doesn't appear we get to download it if we brought a digital album from the frapp store :(
    Aaron
    facebook.com/omgitsaaronnnx
  • Emotion's
    An Ocean
    In which to hide.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Oh wow! Really nice track! It has quite some Depeche Mode, Playing the Angel-era feel to it. Love the darkness of the song!!
  • Blown away.  Love it.
  • Weird, I asked Music Glue if I would get a download of the album as well as the physical signed copy, they came back and said no.. yet here I am with a download of Ocean from Music Glue?
  • Got my email with the download as well. Very exciting!

It's also featured in iTunes Canada's "Hot Tracks", so maybe it'll get more widespread promo (though, Anymore certainly did better than the whole of Tales of Us). I just hope for more videos, preferably Gunning-directed ones. God, she's just a genius with direction and artistry - no wonder her and Alison go so well together.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-03-10 12:56:40
  • I didn't love this track instantly to be honest .. after the first few starting vocals i just turned it off to be honest. But today was another day .. and after listening again a few times it really grew on me !.

• the hell i'm in

indeed
  • What on Earth is a 'darki'?
    Soon be nothing of this world.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!