Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • Only 25 more sleeps to go before release day!!

I hate to ask, but does anyone still have access to the clips? I really wanna hear them again!
  • It's come around quite quick IMO.  I like album launches in Q1 & Q2 for a change, sets the tone of the year for me rather than waiting till November all the time to get some new music.
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Gaelen said:

It's come around quite quick IMO.  I like album launches in Q1 & Q2 for a change, sets the tone of the year for me rather than waiting till November all the time to get some new music.

As it stands, Goldfrapp and The Shins are the only two things I'm interested in with a confirmed release date. And they're both this month  :P Hope more surprises come as the year advances.

• Do you reckon we'll get a deluxe edition?  I think that and London Grammar's new album are about the only two things i'm excited for, which is like de ja vu from 2013.
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • A little fanboy collage I made, some of the lyrics in Zodiac Black (during this LONG, LONG wait for the album)

I think Silver Eye is going to be the soundtrack to my year and beyond 

Post edited by Pawlusss at 2017-03-07 09:47:02
  • I'm taking a break from Goldfrapp 'till the release date, but it's tough... ;)
  • Gaelen said:

Do you reckon we'll get a deluxe edition?  I think that and London Grammar's new album are about the only two things i'm excited for, which is like de ja vu from 2013.

I sure hope so but it's doubtful. There's plenty more to be excited out that's supposed to be coming out this year, but as far as release dates I'm still in the dark.

• I'm surprised this hasn't leaked yet. Has Silver Eye beaten the previous albums yet (in terms of time of leak before official release)?
  • Wonder if the next single is coming out soon? Also, TV appearances, etc. I'm sure this thing is going to leak within a week at most, so it surely can't be long now.
  • Hopefully the situation with TOU forced them to tighten up security a bit and this thing won't leak until the releases start trickling in. I would love for another song in the next week or so, though.
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • Agreed. I sincerely hope it doesn't leak, but given the upbeat energy of the album and popularity of such releases by the band, I won't hold my breath.

But yeah, now really is the time for the next single. 
    I'm 99% sure it'll be Systemagic, but I'm hoping for Ocean also.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-03-07 22:57:50
  • I contacted one of the Japanese music sites I have bought from before as I am dying with anticipation for what the bonus track will be... Basically got told to follow this page as they are the label that will market the Japanese edition and copyrights take a while for any track to be included. We shall see...

I've contacted them too ;)
    Post edited by Jo_ey at 2017-03-08 02:49:00
  • I'm cracking up at how Tales of Us is translated from that page to Tales of Ass  =))
  • ^ I vaguely remember @iuv recording something like that.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I just noticed your signature there, Joey.  Nicely done.  It's hard enough coping with online communications without losing track of people due to name changes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!