Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Alison interview with Lauren Laverne BBC 6 Music
  • 28 Comments sorted by
  • Beach House by Norway

Norway by Beach House actually. A favorite band of mine beyond Goldfrapp.

Edit: I was also selfishly hoping for the announcement of a next single during the interview so that was a bit of a let down but soon enough anyway.

I agree. I'm finally realiasing Alison just doesn't give much away in interviews.
    Music Junkie
  • I was just wondering if Will has a dartboard in his garage. Anyone else wondering that? Great selection..thanks for the play by play videos UT!
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2017-02-28 23:21:17
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Ultrauk said:

I agree. I'm finally realiasing Alison just doesn't give much away in interviews.

Yes, my impression is that she has some practised lines, and gets in a bit of a tizz when the interviewer goes beyond them. Like as soon as LL asked for something spontaneous, like what her role models were when she was a teenager, or what track to choose at the end, AG went all, "....ooh, you've really put me on the spot...I don't know..." 

My feeling is that AG is determined to be honest, but worried that being too honest might end badly!
    Post edited by whispered at 2017-03-01 05:15:14
  • I don't think there will be a second single at this rate, which is a bit sad.
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Ponygurl said:

I was just wondering if Will has a dartboard in his garage. Anyone else wondering that?!

it fascinates me that he probably has a lawn mower and bags of potting compost and gets out over the week-end and weeds the border, just like a regular person.
    Alison loitering in a book shop. The hum drum we all take for granted must be a new level of potential problem for the likes of her. Minding her own business leaning over the freezer section in Waitrose, lifting out a bag of frozen peas and a voice behind you says 'Are you Alison Goldfrapp?'
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Standing at the checkout -' Did you want Cashback?'
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

• Ponygurl said:

I was just wondering if Will has a dartboard in his garage. Anyone else wondering that?!

it fascinates me that he probably has a lawn mower and bags of potting compost and gets out over the week-end and weeds the border, just like a regular person.
    Alison loitering in a book shop. The hum drum we all take for granted must be a new level of potential problem for the likes of her. Minding her own business leaning over the freezer section in Waitrose, lifting out a bag of frozen peas and a voice behind you says 'Are you Alison Goldfrapp?'

"How could you tell?"
    "You're wearing very bright jumpsuit"
    (couldn't find that 'shop)
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • There's a point right before Ghost Rider was played when Lauren said something like, "Lets's do it then, let's get filthy". That needs to be lifted from the interview track and remixed 'Lords of Acid' style, if you ask me.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Anna Calvi does a fantastic version of Ghost Rider on her Strange Weather EP. I say this as with Alison and Anna liking said track I still live in hope they will duet together. I thank you :-B
  • Only Ghostrider version i ever knew was by Soft Cell
  • Did anyone manage to download it? I'm afraid I missed it and it's not available at iPlayer ANYMORE
  • Yes i have it, will post soon.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!