Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • As blasphemous as this may sound, many songs from Felt Mountain and Black Cherry took a while to grow on me. That might have had something to do with the fact that I was 12-13 years old when I first heard them, but it just reminds me that I haven't always loved them straight away. Well, some of them. Happiness, Caravan Girl, Crystalline Green, all favourites first time I heard them.

I think the growing record belongs to Eat Yourself. Stupid young me used to listen to the first 10 seconds and skip it for a lengthy period of time.

• Yes, I always think that how moved one is by a piece of music is a combination of certain intrinsic qualities, but mainly down to what the listener brings to it. FM and BC will always be the music of my soul, and this is mostly because of my state of emotional receptivity/vulnerability when I grew to know them.

This is perhaps why less programmatic music works best for me - something allusive and ambiguous allows one to invest it with whatever meanings are necessary at the time. An example might be Tiptoe, which starts with that apparently unambiguous sexuality, but then develops the countercurrent of regret and longing, morphing at the end into the very different feel of Big Black Cloud....the HF songs, on the other hand, are much less nuanced.

So if SE allows space for ambiguity, I'm good. In any case, only the full experience will tell.   

• Apparently it took me 2 years to get into Supernature

For long time I knew that I first found Goldfrapp sometime in summer of 2009. And then I found old post in What are you listening to now? thread on other forum from March of 2007 and it said that I have Superbature on my mp3 playerimage
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Whoa, boy.

I think it's my turn to cave, haha! Would any Deer be so kind and generous as to PM me, please? O:-)

Thank you! X 
  • Japanese import on Amazon is titled "Silver Eye Bonus Track".

There's no going back.
    Post edited by Jo_ey at 2017-02-20 01:41:14
  • Jo_ey said:

Japanese import on Amazon is titled "Silver Eye Bonus Track".

There's no going back.

Plot twist: bonus track is actually called "Silver Eye Bonus Track".

• Imagine it's a remix of Anymore.
  • All Night Operator (Part 2)
    Soon be nothing of this world.

• Post edited by LuDux at 2017-02-20 16:14:04
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Went to a Japanese sight and translated. Apparently they're called "Goldflap" over there. Now I'm VERY curious about what the bonus track might be.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Gaelen said:

All Night Operator (Part 2)

Sweet lost dreams of heaven

• Tigerman,Tigerman fooooorever <3
  • The gliding synths in Tigerman are really sh*t hot
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • You're making me think it leaked  :P

• Alison made a strong point naming the first single so impatiently :)
    This album can't come to us soon enough :)
    It's gonna be absolutely brilliant :) I'm sure of that!

Post edited by Julex at 2017-02-21 13:25:24

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!