Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • stevil said:

and the $$$ i WOULD pay for that felt mountain LITTLE BOOK

I felt the same way about that extremely rare little piece of art.

Set me back $150 CDN, but I have no regrets. Mint condition, and it's just gorgeous.
  • Slippage said:

stevil said:

and the $$$ i WOULD pay for that felt mountain LITTLE BOOK

I felt the same way about that extremely rare little piece of art.

Set me back $150 CDN, but I have no regrets. Mint condition, and it's just gorgeous.

that's beautiful

• and listening tonight to TOU and mindblown at the departure once again into territory unexpected....i love alison and will so fucking much 

being alive right now artistically is a perfect match for me 
    socially-existentially? not so much 
  • Stevil, put the Everclear away. Or at least mix it with something.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

Stevil, put the Everclear away. Or at least mix it with something.

i would twist your nutsack so hard in person with two fingers 

do not mess

carry on everyone image
  • balls of steel.

bish.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I can't remember who has the clips, but I'm caving.  Feel free to PM me, Deer(s).. 
  • got you and
    Everything is Never Enough is Believer v2.o

this album thank you jeezus 
    SuperFuture 
    Post edited by stevil at 2017-02-18 00:37:09
  • Thanks to the Deer who PM'd me.  I'm regretting listening to the clips now, though.  I really hope I'm getting the wrong impression and that you really have to hear the full songs to "get" it, but they sound so... uninspired here.  Even Alison's sleepy vocals seem disengaged.  And, frequently, it sounds derivative of their earlier work, but without the hooks.  Like well produced demos; sketches of songs yet to be fleshed out.  I hope I'm really wrong.  I recall - going back to the Black Cherry years - hearing their album previews and being instantly hooked, instantly intrigued.  Here, I had to fight the urge to skip ahead on every other 1 minute track.  

And this is coming from a lifelong fan who's been with them since their first US tour in 2000 and who loves "pastoral" Goldfrapp as much as he loves glam-disco-stomp Goldfrapp.  Ugh.  
  • Disengaged?

OCEAN @ :20 seconds in is the most vulnerable vocal moment i've ever heard from Alison Goldfrapp since i first discovered her and Will in 2000 on KCRW

you have got to be kidding me..............................

• Ocean @ :20 seconds is the most vulnerable vocal moment you've heard from Alison Goldfrapp?  Um...

Black Cherry, Yellow Halo, A&E, Head First and Clay say 'hi'.  
    :-\"

(Anyway, I hope I'm dead wrong about this.  I'll gladly eat my hat on this one, but, man, was this a disappointing preview for me)
  • no wonder she shies away from fans
    toxic......
    self care Sage

• I'm not sure why you need to take umbrage with someone expressing a different opinion.  I've loved every single album they've released from Felt Mountain to TOU -- yes, even the sometimes maligned Head First.  These previews have left me cold, but I'll be the first one to celebrate if my first impressions turn out to be way off.  I literally hope I'm wrong and that I'll end up loving the album.  
  • it's not about me 
    it's about the artists
    and there are several involved with Silver Eye 

and that's that last i will interact with you
    like i said...i sense toxin

• I'm not sure why you need to take umbrage with someone expressing a different opinion.  I've loved every single album they've released from Felt Mountain to TOU -- yes, even the sometimes maligned Head First.  These previews have left me cold, but I'll be the first one to celebrate if my first impressions turn out to be way off.  I literally hope I'm wrong and that I'll end up loving the album.  

In my experience it's a good sign if it doesn't sound that great on a first
    listen. My favourite album ever is 7T but I remember how disappointed I was that didn't sound
    good at first, and took me about 10 spins to get into most of it. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!