Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • I find it interesting her eyes seem to be deliberately erased on the cover, especially with the Silver Eye title, come to think of it, we haven't seen a single persons eyes yet.
    Post edited by glenolabar at 2017-01-22 19:39:37
  • Still think one of that group is a guy! May be wearing a dress but.....
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Added this track title to Wiki.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Still think one of that group is a guy! May be wearing a dress but.....

I thought that too, the one at the back?  The frontal baggage says otherwise, but two people can't be wrong y'know.

I wonder if Silver Eye is in reference to big brother, and modern society politically and socially.
    Post edited by Gaelen at 2017-01-22 19:23:25
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Think you may have hit the nail on the head with that analysis there, Gaelen!
    Makes a lot of sense for it to reference like an all seeing eye, a big brother style as you say!
  • *Spoilers*

This site apparently has a preview of the song, I can't confirm as I'll be waiting to hear the full thing on the radio.
    https://www.zdigital.com.au/artist/goldfrapp/release/anymore-6087503?h=01&f=20,19,12,16,17,9,2
  • @Ryanoc91 OMG.... THANK GOD IT SOUNDS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! AND NOT LIKE CHEESY U2/COLDPLAY (as in the last clip they posted)... sorry, not sorry (I was LEGIT worried there for a moment lol). Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so excited for this era!!!!!!
    Post edited by ryanraymedina at 2017-01-23 00:39:49
  • @Ryanoc91 OMG.... THANK GOD IT SOUNDS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! AND NOT LIKE CHEESY U2/COLDPLAY (as in the last clip they posted)... sorry, not sorry (I was LEGIT worried there for a moment lol). Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so excited for this era!!!!!!

If you had to compare it to one of their previous tracks, what would you pick? Its so close I need some clues
  • @Ryanoc91 VERRRRRY Black Cherry (a la Train and Twist) meets Supernature (Ohh La La) MEEETS a new sense of rock RAWNESSSSS I've never heard them have.... OMG. Cant breathe!!!! THANK YOU FOR THAT LINK!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • I MUST BE STRONG!! But I'm so excited!!
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • That is insanely hot! Sexy like a slow, sultry Twist but completely new and so so interesting.
    Post edited by lukasgardiner at 2017-01-23 00:53:54
  • Ryanoc91 said:

*Spoilers*

This site apparently has a preview of the song, I can't confirm as I'll be waiting to hear the full thing on the radio.
    https://www.zdigital.com.au/artist/goldfrapp/release/anymore-6087503?h=01&f=20,19,12,16,17,9,2

It's so boppy and catchy! I love it! The growling synth reminds me of the latest summer EDM chart-topper though - and I wonder if the "I can't wait anymore" lyrics will grow repetitive? Hopefully they break it up frequently. 

Very Ooh La La meets Twist. This will chart really well. Also, it comes out the 24th.
    And yes, the lyrics are straight out of the Black Cherry era - almost as if they were written then and put away for future use. You guys are going to LOVE this.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-23 00:55:01
  • Gaelen said:

KatRobin said:

Hi Mystics, I agree.  Something quite sinister about it, but it is only 4 seconds.  Do you reckon it'll be Tiptoe style singing?

I had guessed the same... but it's more... cat-like (?) from the clip.  Love it.  Sounds like the duo Lamb.
  • ... can't... stop... listening...
  • Same here ... !

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!