Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • I wouldn't muse over the title too much. The title 7T came to Alison in a dream and SE may be similar. Hoping we will learn more on Monday!
  • Gaelen said:

We only have another 24 hours before getting our first glimpse at what it may represent.  Question is, will Silver Eye have a title track?  Supernature, Seventh Tree and Tales of Us never had one, but the other three did. 

I get the strange feeling this might have one.

I just don't want to make any judgements about anything! When Head First was announced I misinterpreted its genre, and when Drew was first released I thought Tales of Us would be their best album (it's wonderful but alas I still have other favourites) so I'm just going to take this one as it comes.
    Post edited by Low at 2017-01-22 08:46:35

• So it's 50/50 SE will have a title track. But even if it does that's of little significance since, with the possible exception of BC, title tracks have not been the most prominent on the album.
  • I still hope that Plutonic Velvet will be song title.
  • We've passed midnight in some parts of the world and nothing on iTunes in those places, so might not get a single up tomorrow. Remember Rocket going up in Australia before the day of release? Just a theory, might have tightened things up since then, but just food for thought.
  • Could be one of those where it's just air play this week, and then a release on Friday?
    Whatever it my be, I'm beyond excited and can't wait to hear everyones response on here too!
  • Is it possible that 'Silver Eye' is the first single title, and that the HMV date is when the Vinyl for the single is released? HMV describes it as a 12 inch vinyl, which is typically for singles/EP's It might explain the low price.

But they do have the 'CD Album' under the same name, so its probably not.
    Post edited by Ryanoc91 at 2017-01-22 11:55:46
  • Ryanoc91 said:

Is it possible that 'Silver Eye' is the first single title, and that the HMV date is when the Vinyl for the single is released? HMV describes it as a 12 inch vinyl, which is typically for singles/EP's It might explain the low price.

But they do have the 'CD Album' under the same name, so its probably not.

I love the way you gave with one hand there, then snatched away with the other.
    Reminded me of religion !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Well it says Vinyl Album too so :P
  • Interestingly, other social media and forums ( none so good as this fine place) are picking up on this with the usual comments from people we have never heard of saying things like 'Yum' or 'Can't Wait. I am sure there is a FB page somewhere where someone has 'liked' the fact a new GF album is coming !

More interestingly is that someone else has been editing the GF Wiki page. When I did it yesterday, I put in that the title was confirmed as Silver Eye and that the first play of new music from the album was on Lauren's show tomorrow. I also added Silver Eye (2017) to the album list. Now, these are hyperlinked to separate Wiki pages about each individual album and I, of course, could not do that knowing bugger all about the new album. Well, someone has been into the page and each time I put in Silver Eye, it has been hyper linked to another page, and these hyper links currently redirect back to the main GF wiki in a loop. Obviously, someone has set the new Silver Eye page up but is keeping it under wraps at the moment.
    I think this nails the album title as Silver Eye once and for all. The context/conceit is yet to be revealed
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-01-22 13:16:04
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Did someone mention they'd like to see a silver-painted lady?

This is a book of photos of exactly that. It has NO CONNECTION with Frapp, so far as I know. But don't let me stop you browsing it on google images ;)
  • I'm still waiting for my armadillo to pop up!
  • So it's 50/50 SE will have a title track. But even if it does that's of little significance since, with the possible exception of BC, title tracks have not been the most prominent on the album.

I know they haven't, it's just a topic of discussion, no matter how trivial.  Having said that, I personally think that both Head First and Felt Mountain were very good songs in their respective albums, no less than Black Cherry.
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Oh my! I can't wait either!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!