Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • They like the "S" don't they?

Supernature, Seventh Tree, Silver Eye...

• And nature. :)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvereye

So 31st March it is. 
    Be patient.
  • If release date really is 31st March then first gig could be March/April (tries to contain excitement..)
  • I've just edited the Wiki site with the new info of the title and the first play on Lauren's show on Monday !
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldfrapp
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

• If release date really is 31st March then first gig could be March/April (tries to contain excitement..)

The ToU tour kicked off well before the release date in September - a date in Bristol in June, followed by 4 dates in July. I don't know if that helps us with guessing!?
  • IDK how I feel about album title... almost sounds fake :/ (even though at this point, based off links mentioned above, it's not)... Ugh, Monday can't come soon enough <3 
    Post edited by ryanraymedina at 2017-01-21 13:45:10
  • Appy61 said:

Is it just me seeing the James Bond connection? (Silver/Golden Eye)

Not just you, Appy.
  • IDK how I feel about album title... almost sounds fake :/ (even though at this point, based off links mentioned above, it's not)... Ugh, Monday can't come soon enough <3 

It does sound a bit more like a song title rather than an album title but I'm reserving all judgement until our eyes, ears and appropriate senses are treated to it all.

• @Low So very true  :) 
  • I actually quite like Silver Eye, and I think it'll fit this new era very well.  No two albums have ever been the same, so I think it's too early to comment on how good the title is without hearing what it represents first, which could (dare I say it) be one of the Frapp's best albums.
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Think back to late 2007/Early 2008 when the album title 'Seventh Tree' was announced - people probably turned their noses up at that title too and weren't too keen on it - but look at what an amazing album came out of it!

Bit like judging a book by a cover we've not even seen yet?! 
    All we can do is wait to be blown away by yet another sublime Goldfrapp album!
  • I have not got an issue with the title. More interested in the music and the artistic content and direction of the overall package.
    It fits the majority of the Goldfrapp album title patterns. Felt Mountain, Black Cherry, Silver Eye etc. All apart from TOU follow a rudimentary adjective/noun premise. In Tales of Us, depending on how you interpret it, we seem to have a noun and a pronoun. I always took this title at face value as in 'stories about us' but tales is an interesting word. It can also mean 'tally', so it could also be interpreted as the number of us or the amount/sum of us. However, Tales is also the term used for a group of people selected from those present in a courtroom or from bystanders to fill in vacancies on a jury. So, you could translate Tales of Us as 'those that sit in judgement of Us'
    Or, it is late, and I could be talking shite as I am no grammar expert.
    Time will tell with Silver Eye. I expect tears before bedtime!
  • Silver may not be about colour. It can also mean a clear, resonant sound, as in Silver Voice.
    Eye may also not be referring to an actual eye. It can also mean to watch or observe as in keep an eye on something.
  • The new album title alone was great news to wake up to (i like it).
    (and confirmation that they REALLY haven't stopped -yay- .. i was really getting a bit worried at some point) ;-).
    Post edited by react010 at 2017-01-22 02:39:00
  • We only have another 24 hours before getting our first glimpse at what it may represent.  Question is, will Silver Eye have a title track?  Supernature, Seventh Tree and Tales of Us never had one, but the other three did. 
    Soon be nothing of this world.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!