Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • Slippage said:

Also, the shot of Alison (?) in the teaser makes me think that "Twin" is indeed the single title or at least a prominent lyric.

Indeed, the clip has the same "Waait a minute, there's two of them!" double take moment...
  • Into The Future? Not my fave choice for a title but hey!

That teaser loop gave me delicious Black Cherry flashbacks:)

Anyone else keeping #goldfrapp7 tag trending on Instagram? Been a great excuse to relive my collection:)
  • Is it rude to point this out?  

What context is this in HT?

Sorry for double-post.  In response to urban_tribesman: context

Hm. gave it a chance but have to say, not a fan.
    Anyway, I thought the album was called To the future with Armadillos in Pangea!
    Into the Future sounds a bit too prosaic for Goldfrapp. I do hope it's wrong
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • The Haxan Cloak appears to be a fan of the new record, commenting on Alison's most recent Instagram post (her own account) with a little clapping pair of hands. Ha!

Interesting, considering he worked closely with Bjork on Vulnicura.
    Perhaps he helped them out??? That would be so cool.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-18 15:39:42
  • That would be cool indeed!

Anyone noticed the big moon at the begining of the snippet? Or am i just imagining things?
  • kaleb20 said:

That would be cool indeed!

Anyone noticed the big moon at the begining of the snippet? Or am i just imagining things?

I saw it too! 

"I love the moon, I love the rock, I love the sky" (recalling an old Facebook post featuring said moon).

Definitely have to be lyrics. Though, I could be wrong!
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-18 19:25:07
  • If the dancers this era come out wearing metal chasity belts with skulls on them, we'll know she was influenced by Fury Road :P (actually that would be cool..I need to make one, or weld one..whatevs)
    -I love the clippage
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Slippage said:

kaleb20 said:

I saw it too! 

"I love the moon, I love the rock, I love the sky" (recalling an old Facebook post featuring said moon).

Definitely have to be lyrics.

I thought that was in reference to the photo? But may as well be lyrics :)
  • I STILL CANT GET ONTO THIS FORUM WITHOUT UT's LINK!!!!!!
    Just when things are hotting up I've been frozen out. Was it something I said? Waaaaaahhhhh!!!!
  • Hey guys!  I used to be on as "stephano" but my old account expired I guess.  Just so excited over this clip!

It really does sound like the same growling synth from "Train" or "Twist" - very Black Cherry.  Excitement is through the roof for me.
  • KatRobin said:

I STILL CANT GET ONTO THIS FORUM WITHOUT UT's LINK!!!!!!
    Just when things are hotting up I've been frozen out. Was it something I said? Waaaaaahhhhh!!!!

Type 'Goldfrapp Forum' into Google, click the Goldfrapp Forum link, then you'll be faced with a redirection link.  I don't know where you're going wrong but it's only an extra step.  I have it bookmarked now as i'm here that often, and don't want to miss out on any new info :P 

Hi Mystics, I agree.  Something quite sinister about it, but it is only 4 seconds.  Do you reckon it'll be Tiptoe style singing?

Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Apparently MONDAY according to the new post on FB a short time ago.

Exciting!
  • Yes, she changed hair colour!
  • Love the colour !. Such exciting times.
    (and great to be back on the forum).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!