Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • whispered said:

Gaelen said:

That is fab, isn't it? Listening to that, you just knew the album was going to be spectacular. 

Yes!  It's the right way to do the lead up to an album in my opinion, that or giving us snippets from the studio via something like Instagram.  Imagine they had done it for each album?  Black Cherry could have had the sub-bass of Strict Machine on loop, Supernature could have had the ebb and flow of Let It Take You, so on so forth. 

As for what you mentioned Low, I noticed that.  "Ok" with a peace emoji, was either "STFU already" or "As you wish"...
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Then again if you can't stand people asking for more, don't tease. Easy as that. :p
    So I guess it's rather "Your wish be my command".

Btw, I'm part-time Head of Social Media myself (hate that term), and I did some of those teasing campaigns as well. It is said, that you'd usually stretch those teasing periods no longer than 2-3 weeks, otherwise attention might easily get lost. Unless you're Daft Punk or whatsoever. So yeah... 

As stated by several others before, I'm glad there is something new approaching at all! :)
    So whenever, wherever. I'm happy. 
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2017-01-17 05:57:09
    Be patient.
  • Gaelen said:

(...)

As for what you mentioned Low, I noticed that.  "Ok" with a peace emoji, was either "STFU already" or "As you wish"...

If it was "STFU" she could have said something like "In due time" or something....

I believe that a snippet is coming :)
  • Yeah I mean a few years ago I would have believed it to be a "STFU" (I remember not long ago when someone told her to hurry up with new material she responded with something like "Really don't need this!"), however that "ok" really just seems like a "yeah mate, sounds fair".
    Post edited by Low at 2017-01-17 05:55:47

• I saw the same tweet and was literally just about to post it. It does seem like Alison may be pissed off with the comment, but the way she liked the guys tweet too makes it seem positive!!? We live in hope... it's been a week since the last teaser image! 
  • Low said:

Yeah I mean a few years ago I would have believed it to be a "STFU" (I remember not long ago when someone told her to hurry up with new material she responded with something like "Really don't need this!"), however that "ok" really just seems like a "yeah mate, sounds fair".

She gets a lot of rude people, which really surprises me.  Perhaps the era of tit-tassles has left in it's wake the wrong sort of clientele? :P 
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Just remember, they got burned on ToU by leaks.  It probably still smarts.  I'm expecting that is why they are being so cautious.  I guess the good side is that they probably won't piddle long unless the feel confident in how they are protecting.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-01-17 08:52:33
  • The tweet, to me, was indicative of her being annoyed that people were putting the new album before the environmental issues she was trying to raise awareness of. But I'm sure she knows people are equally annoyed about the wait for the new album. She likes to be cheeky and sarcastic, and her snarky personality is something I just adore. 

To me it looks like she said "ok" to politely reassure diehard fans scanning her Twitter that something will arrive soon without getting frustrated at them, but she wanted to get back to the environmental issues she was discussing with others. She was actually very chatty today with pretty much anyone willing to discuss pollution with her - with some entertaining results! 

It's sad though, that if a celebrity tries to raise awareness of something far more important, that before long they get flooded with comments about when their next project is coming out. It makes me feel as if they only respect the material the person produces, and not the person themselves.

Hell, she could make 300 posts about cheese and I'd still like every single one of them.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-17 12:27:07
  • OH MY GOD
  • OH.

MY.

GENTLE.

JESUS.

SUPERNATURE ON PCP.

I AM LEGIT BAWLING MY EYES OUT WITH EXCITEMENT.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-17 16:10:47
  • Looks cool!
    More, more !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • That growling bass line and soaring synth sample.

I was totally bang-on about the sound, and I predicted it years ago! Perfect Dark soundtrack + Judas Remix + Supernature! Ha! This is amazing. I'm shaken to my core by this - it almost doesn't feel real. The bass and synth quality alone are going to make this HUGE.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-17 16:14:55
  • Post edited by Joey at 2017-01-17 16:19:25
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!