Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4410 Comments sorted by
  • Curved Air

• Ahhh, I used to love Curved Air.
  • I still do. Hard to believe this cracker is 46 years old his year. It's on the jukebox and sounds faab baby !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Yah, one of my favorites, UT.  Just so different.  Gosh, good to hear that, again.   It's A Beautiful Day is the other that comes to mind when I think of Curved Air, for some reason.

• I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • St Vincent - Birth In Reverse
    <3
  • Brooks - You, Me & Us

I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Pete Shelley - Telephone Operator.  

It's so fantastically synth-heavy and 80's B-)

Soon be nothing of this world.
  • While we wait for the return of Alison's delightful pipes, I've been keeping myself warm with Hannah Reid from London Grammar. Feast your eyes on this performance of Rooting for You
    I am such a sucker for a female vocal !

• London Grammar's new album is one I have been awaiting since 'Strong' came out in the summer of 2013, long overdue, much like our beloved duo.  Her voice is a nice break from the general charts cheap tat.
    Post edited by Gaelen at 2017-01-08 09:49:54
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • ^Isn't she great? She's got that emotional quality, power and vibrato I love in a female voice..like Florence. I have to say with Alison it's more nuanced. She delivers emotional power in more of a vulnerable, crescendo kind of way. It's something I never tire of and it always effects me. I couldn't get that clip of London Grammar to play UT- is this it? Powerful.

U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • That's it PG. I would think that room reverb is natural.

Then, on the occasion of his 70th birthday, this dropped out of Heaven. Thanks @A_is_A
    You have to love the fact the shop is called Newton Electrical. Perhaps he has just really gone home !
    Isn't that just like him?

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-01-08 17:33:45
  • Austra - Feel It Break

I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Goldfrapp - Horse Tears

It's been a while since I hadn't listened to the whole album of Felt Mountain, but now with all the new album hype, plus I'm enjoying a calm day off with a long breakfast, and it's rainy outside, so it felt like a perfect soundtrack for today.
  • What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!