Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • In modern times, it has come to represent both Venus and Aphrodite.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Yeah that's what it was. Thanks! :)
    But doesn't she have the exact same symbol tattooed on her finger?
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2017-01-10 14:13:40
    Be patient.
  • Regards how we will know, no doubt it will be a Twitter post and general social media as before, but interesting that the only think that works on the new web page is the link that asks "Deer Goldrapp - send me some news? Love, so probably an email as well. If I remember correctly, we got an email about TOU, particularly about the Box Set.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • That's an Ankh. Egyptian symbol of eternal life. If you place an Ankh in the mouth of the deceased, they can speak forever.

I need one for my mother-in-law
    Post edited by LuDux at 2017-01-10 14:27:46
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • scrolled back a few pages and didn't see this anywhere 
    if already posted apologies
    i have no idea what magazine this is from OR if it's real, but 
    METAL MACHINE POP 
    sounds Glorious!!!!

Post edited by stevil at 2017-01-10 15:50:20
  • Real. February 2017 issue of MOJO.

Despite using a Supernature-era photo, I firmly believe they're bang on the money when comparing the sound to the imagery teased. I think this will be the essence of Utopia in the form of an entire album, spattered with moments of ferocity à la Pluto (Bjork).
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-10 16:19:29
  • Notice that the models' fingers are covered in a white/metallic paint this time around
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • I think there were also some special goodies if you signed up for the emails...
  • I think there were also some special goodies if you signed up for the emails...

When? I haven't gotten anything
  • ToU...

I can't say I know that for a fact.  I never sign up for that stuff.  But, it just seems that some people were talking about some stuff. 
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2017-01-10 19:47:05
  • I think we got one of the singles for free or something, but also a live version of one of the ToU songs as well later on down the line. We also got first notice of the limited deluxe edition sets (with the first 100 being signed), if I remember correctly.

Might have also gotten first dibs on live tickets, but I can't swear to it as they haven't toured anywhere near me in a decade...

Hopefully we get a nice fat book of Alison's photography in #7's deluxe set (ToU had a nice little one, but I yearned for more).
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-10 21:15:58
  • That's the one I specifically remember.  First dibs on the deluxe sets.
  • An update:

iTunes Canada is fiddling with the discography again (last time being just before the first teaser). All soundtracks including Vampire Diaries (featuring We Radiate, the HF b-side) are totally gone, and they've definitely added a few more singles/remixes to make the last row of their discography flush with the rest, including it seems everything they could conjure related to Supernature. Several of these postings are duplicates, including twin identical Alive and Happiness EPs. These are placeholders (and maybe subtle hints by clever iTunes staff pertaining to Tuesday's teaser?). It now looks like their entire baseline discography (excluding any soundtracks, etc.) has been included. It's all resorted in chronological order as well.
    Happens with imminent new album pages all the time on there.

They're prepping, likely setting up the pre-order page for #7 to go live on Friday when the rest of the new releases go live. I don't think they'd be changing anything if it weren't extremely close.

Also, Mute UK today liked my tweet containing hopes for upbeat tunes and Canadian tour stops.
    Trying to not get my hopes up, but it seems increasingly likely that I may get my wishes granted this era, else they'd have never showed interest: https://twitter.com/coreyreed92/status/811822499520512000

Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-11 02:34:36
  • The UK store has also followed suit, Slippage.  Looks a bit of a mess if you ask me, we pretty much have at minimum one duplicate of each thing, A&E has three EP's!
    Soon be nothing of this world.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!