Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • BB6 Music's Twitter said today that "We have NEW Goldfrapp coming soon don't you know."

They played Twist today, apparently pleasing many Twitter folk.

The hints and hype are both piling up. Many radio stations of varying popularity are tweeting that they're playing Goldfrapp songs - many of which are Twist, Forever, Alvar and Rocket. It really must be any day now. I'm pretty sure they'd be more silent if it weren't until the end of the month. Probably going to take the ToU route and reveal the single on Lauren Laverne's show.

Edit: Sorry, specifically it's BBC6Music's Morning Show Twitter. https://twitter.com/bbc6morningshow/status/818440213080981505
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-09 16:53:13
  • Where is this tweet? Cannot find it on their Twiiter.
  • jenkins25 said:

Where is this tweet? Cannot find it on their Twiiter.

https://twitter.com/bbc6morningshow/status/818440213080981505
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Thanks Urban, I have checked only main BBC6Music Twitter.
  • I'm very close to doing a little dance

• The increasing potential for #7 info as well as the Nintendo Switch presentation on Thursday are the highlights of my week. My legs are sore from dancing in regards to both of these!

I should also point out that Alison has stopped making any Twitter activity or posts of any kind on social media for a strangely long period of time. Now, this is pure speculation, but the last time this happened at the onset of a new album after it had been hinted at, it lasted a couple of weeks. Then, Tales of Us was announced and the new site launched all at once - an overwhelming explosion of information. The apparent spike in radio station plays may support this being what's happening now.

I'd seriously be shocked if it weren't this week. Seems a mad idea to drag it out any longer.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-10 01:03:46

• Slippage said:

The increasing potential for #7 info as well as the Nintendo Switch presentation on Thursday are the highlights of my week. My legs are sore from dancing in regards to both of these!

I should also point out that Alison has stopped making any Twitter activity or posts of any kind on social media for a strangely long period of time. Now, this is pure speculation, but the last time this happened at the onset of a new album after it had been hinted at, it lasted a couple of weeks. Then, Tales of Us was announced and the new site launched all at once - an overwhelming explosion of information. The apparent spike in radio station plays may support this being what's happening now.

I'd seriously be shocked if it weren't this week. Seems a mad idea to drag it out any longer.

She retweeted a couple of things this morning but I don't know if that counts  :P

• GoldfrappTV also posted a few of the Tales of Us songs on their profile the other day, too.
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • Yeah the  'GoldfrappTV', the current most official youtube account has just uploaded Alvar, Clay,Simone and Ulla. Most likely a video is getting ready to be uploaded, and they uploaded those tracks as their last opportunity to do some housekeeping to wrap up the official youtube videos for 'tales of us' and to keep the album uploads in order. They also updated the avatar

Something is definitely coming very soon.

So exciting....
    Post edited by Ryanoc91 at 2017-01-10 10:11:41
  • New photo posted today. Probably not an album or single cover, as it would be square-cropped already. Very exciting. Seems the previous hints of "metal machine" pop with underground electro may be true, given the recurring dystopian theme here. Getting a Ghost in the Shell/Homogenic vibe from this one.

Also, all of their social media channels have made the new photo their profile picture, including GoldfrappTV.

It will be this week or early next week. I feel it in my bones.

Post edited by Slippage at 2017-01-10 11:59:19
  • Exciting!! 
    This time it's definitely Alison, see her wrist tattoo on the left.

Edit: Or wait, wasn't it the finger actually?
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2017-01-10 12:28:08
    Be patient.
  • HolyOwl said:

Exciting!! 
    This time it's definitely Alison, see her wrist tattoo on the left.

Edit: Or wait, wasn't it the finger actually?

Her finger. Not sure if she has another, however. The tattoo here looks like a cross - perhaps this album's theme is a commentary on religion in dystopian times? That would be interesting.
  • It looks like an ankh to me
  • That's an Ankh. Egyptian symbol of eternal life. If you place an Ankh in the mouth of the deceased, they can speak forever.
    I wear one around my neck. Its from the Toyah days as she has always worn the Ankh.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-01-10 12:53:18
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Good eye, you two! I hadn't had my morning coffee yet when I first saw it, lol.

Even more mysterious, then.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!