day of release.

There's another thing, more people are
    going without food in Britain today than they were in 1978, but I am
    going way off topic eh
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • I just purchased two new vinyl frames from Ikea for my wall to put in a couple of Goldfrapp albums today, but i'm a bit stumped on which ones to get.  I quite fancy Supernature and maybe Black Cherry, but I can't decide. Part of me is even considering a Seventh Tree & Head First combo.  It's money depending too, i'm not spending more than £40 for a vinyl that i'll have sat in a frame on my wall for the next few years until I inherit a turntable and space to have it :P 
    Soon be nothing of this world.
  • ^
    Album wise I think you'll be very hard pressed to find any except the last two for that price, you can pick both up and probably have a bit of change, but I would be surprised to find any of the others knocking around for that sort of money. You never know, I have found the odd rarity in the charity shops, never any vinyl Frapp though.

Good luck
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Gaelen said:

It's different to a lot of forums that i'm used to, but is a nice collection of like-minded, civilised people >

Civilised? Oh, forgot, you're new !
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-01-05 18:26:37
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • ^
    Album wise I think you'll be very hard pressed to find any except the last two for that price, you can pick both up and probably have a bit of change, but I would be surprised to find any of the others knocking around for that sort of money. You never know, I have found the odd rarity in the charity shops, never any vinyl Frapp though.

Good luck

I suspected as much.  There's a few nice little independent record shops here in Edinburgh that have hoards of little treasures, i'll be checking them out soon to see what I can find.  I doubt i'll find anything like FM or BC, but even ToU & HF would be good. 

I'll keep you updated.

Gaelen said:

It's different to a lot of forums that i'm used to, but is a nice collection of like-minded, civilised people >

Civilised? Oh, forgot, you're new !

From what i've seen, anyway.  I have heard the odd name being passed about with a drama tag curtailed onto them, but so far so innocent  
    ;;)
  • Haha!  Just wait.  The drama is kinda cute, really.
  • You have to understand Gaelen, that this is, in reality, a Goldfrapp themed therapy group. We all turn up with our respective baggage, share it with others and get told its normal/you're being an arse/their being an arse/you can cure it with a lotion/that's amazing!
  • I forgot one. You don't spell it like that :)>-
  • You have to understand Gaelen, that this is, in reality, a Goldfrapp themed therapy group. We all turn up with our respective baggage, share it with others and get told its normal/you're being an arse/their being an arse/you can cure it with a lotion/that's amazing!

Hahaha!
  • Gaelen said:

I suspected as much.  There's a few nice little independent record shops here in Edinburgh that have hoards of little treasures, i'll be checking them out soon to see what I can find.  I doubt i'll find anything like FM or BC, but even ToU & HF would be good. 

I'll keep you updated.
    That's good, I think of Head First and Tales vinyl's being fairly ubiquitous, but I couldn't name one shop in Edinburgh. Happy hunting though ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Wonder how much my lot is worth

And it's nice to see another Scot on board, hello!
    Post edited by rewak at 2017-01-06 16:09:17
  • Wow, that's a nice collection rewak!  What is the one of the bottom left?  I presume it's Felt Mountain-era'd?  Pretty old-skool airbrush chrome finish on their logo in it.

Also, hello back!  You'd think there'd be more of us, supposed drug-junkies and all... (not that i'm saying you require drugs to enjoy the Frapp.  I'm sure it'd enhance the electro/sombre experience, though.)
  • It's the vinyl for Lovely Head :)

Keith used to be around, he's the only other Scot Frapper from the board. Still remember him on the Seventh Tree tour up and dancing away to Number 1 whilst everyone else stayed sitting down. Wonder if I've got that clip somewhere :P
    Post edited by rewak at 2017-01-06 16:53:23
  • Was that at the O2 Academy?  Sounds like something i'd like to do, but preferably would rather be in a group of dancing people as opposed to a lone ranger :P 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!