Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 353 Comments sorted by
  • Yah, I almost got kicked out of our computer lab in school for making in infinite loop.  It tends to make the computer choke.  Of course, that was the whole point.
  • Low said:

This reminds me of about 100 years ago when computers first appeared to the general public and we were learning basic Dos programming. If you typed Line 10: Type/MakeItStop then shifted to the next line and wrote Line 20: Repeat Line 10 and then Enter, it would fill the screen with MakeItStop like above.
    Simpler times!

And here I am slaving away with copy and paste  8->

Ha. DOS would make this site disappear up its own arse!
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-12-28 19:30:16
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Not even in death could Debbie Reynolds let her daughter have 48 hours alone in the spotlight.

Nevertheless...

Post edited by iuventus at 2016-12-28 22:32:55
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • You know I watched the 20/20 special remembering both George Michael and Carrie Fisher, and realized they had alot in common. Fame at a young age, substance abuse, depression. Both had troubled family histories. Fame, recognition, money..but at a cost of loss of privacy and surface love. Fame it seems is love from a distance, when they both needed real love right beside them..an anchor. Highest of highs and lowest of lows, the makings of a mental breakdown if not anchored.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Ponygurl said:

You know I watched the 20/20 special remembering both George Michael and Carrie Fisher, and realized they had alot in common. Fame at a young age, substance abuse, depression. Both had troubled family histories. Fame, recognition, money..but at a cost of loss of privacy and surface love. Fame it seems is love from a distance, when they both needed real love right beside them..an anchor. Highest of highs and lowest of lows, the makings of a mental breakdown if not anchored.

Well said.
  • John Berger's death, 2 days ago, is not the start to 2017 I was looking for. His introduction to art criticism, "Ways of Seeing" was exactly the sort of TV we no longer get these days - politically radical, and treating the viewer as an intelligent person interested in ideas. It's still on YouTube, though.
  • whispered said:

John Berger's death, 2 days ago, is not the start to 2017 I was looking for. His introduction to art criticism, "Ways of Seeing" was exactly the sort of TV we no longer get these days - politically radical, and treating the viewer as an intelligent person interested in ideas. It's still on YouTube, though.

Ways of Seeing was a great read, compulsory during my art college days, but I didn't mind at all.
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Just heard that Chuck Berry has died. Born in 1926, he was 90.
    On of the great rock n roll pioneers and father of the genre. A colourful character, still performing until his death. No stranger to controversy, he was arrested in 1959 and did a stretch in prison for having sex with a14 year old Apache waitress and transoorting her across a state line, which was more of a crime at the time involving a minor than the sex !
    No longer shall we see his ding a ling !
    Johnny, B Goode.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-03-18 19:38:17
  • ¡Guau! Never would've guessed he was alive yesterday.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • The classic "no stranger to controversy" code for, "unpleasant man, involved in sex crimes"
  • So sad to see Chuck go, though he was 90 which is an almost unheard of age for a rocknroller. I saw him several times in the 70s including Wembley, he was a fantastic live performer and had a profound influence on the development of pop music
  • Ikutaro Kakehashi, founder of Roland, father of the TR-909,TR-808, Godfather of MIDI died at age 87

I'd tell you what my favourite Roland synth is, but Juno it already. Oscillator
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Ju put er in a box ? Mind you, I know sweet FA-08.
  • Ju put er in a box ? Mind you, I know sweet FA-08.

Aw, looks like you and Ludux are anal og buddies.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
    On page 3
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2017-05-10 16:12:40

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!