Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • Volcanic sounds good...
  • This is what it looks like as a 12" vinyl release, in 180 gram coloured vinyl with a 2nd disc of extras....(hint hint Alison & Will). Sweeet!

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-12-23 17:06:50
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Ryanoc91 said:

Also do you think that's Alison, or a model?

When you look at that Instagram page, it strikes you that albums 1 to 6 all have Alison on the cover, so why think album 7 would be different ?
    Question is, who is the second model or are they both Alison? She has never shared a cover before.
  • Also, just taking in the image, and the talk of Plutonic Velvet, those arms do form a convenient V right in the centre of the image. Felt Mountain - Plutonic Velvet
  • The Felt Mountain - Plutonic Velvet comparison is interesting.

Felt/Velvet - types of material
    Mountain/Plutonic - Guess you could say both are rock formations.

So its very possible a teaser to the genre of the album. Alison did say that it wasn't the album title though, perhaps its just a teaser phrase, or maybe possibly the first single?
  • Mrs UT is convinced the hands are not the same person, just from their structure and the nails. She even postulated that one of the figures could be male! She has a good eye for detail.

The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.
    Patience may be bitter, buts it's fruits are sweet.
  • I'm not sold on that being the cover of the album. They went to the Canary Islands to make use of the fantastic scenery, seems a bit odd to have such a plain album cover.

•  
    Low said:

I'm not sold on that being the cover of the album. They went to the Canary Islands to make use of the fantastic scenery, seems a bit odd to have such a plain album cover.

Its definitely a contrast to the volcanic/plutonic/desert rock themes we have been seeing lately. Yet it looks like it's from a carefully staged shoot...baffling.
  • Some x-mas present! :)
  • was hoping for a christmas snippet of a song 

• Snippet schmippet! Just wait for the leaky-weaky.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • leaks are grotesque 

• hypocrite. LOL
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • gst, wow.  been awhile...
  • I'm not sold on that being the cover of the album. They went to the Canary Islands to make use of the fantastic scenery, seems a bit odd to have such a plain album cover.

This new image was possibly created a couple of months before the Canary Islands shoot, around late September/early October, I suspect. If you check out her Instagram account, there is an entry dated 18 September, with her fingers stained black. "D.I.Y. selfie..mucking about at home..." so she was probably experimenting? 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!