Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Silver Eye (main album thread)
  • 1576 Comments sorted by
  • kaleb20 said:

Low said:

On one of the instagram posts I saw February 2017 mentioned. The guy said he was told by one of its sources... So take this with a pinch of salt.

It was my post. My source from the industry said about the release date in February or May (he/she doesn't remember) - but according to Alison post about 'early 2017' I think February date is more possible. The question is,if she said about new music (single) or already an album. I read today somewhere about the first single release in Q1 - maybe something has changed since I spoke to my source in November. 
  • jenkins25 said:

kaleb20 said:

Low said:

On one of the instagram posts I saw February 2017 mentioned. The guy said he was told by one of its sources... So take this with a pinch of salt.

It was my post. My source from the industry said about the release date in February or May (he/she doesn't remember) - but according to Alison post about 'early 2017' I think February date is more possible. The question is,if she said about new music (single) or already an album. I read today somewhere about the first single release in Q1 - maybe something has changed since I spoke to my source in November. 

Thank you :)
  • Well 2017 seems to be off to a more musically positive start than this year anyway - as much as I loved Bowie's Blackstar, it's always going to haunt me.

• Gotta love how the only surviving section of the website is the forum. 
    Much respect, Alison and Will. Truly. Hugs all around!

Also, considering that new music releases every Friday, perhaps they'll release a single or teaser snippet soon? iTunes was messing around with their discography not too long ago, after all...
    I don't think they'd call attention to the new album without something coming VERY soon.

Finally, welcome back to those of you coming out of post-ToU hibernation. ;)
    Post edited by Slippage at 2016-12-22 12:08:21
  • A_is_A said:

... AND I finally remembered the email and password combo to get back into the forum! Yay!

May I join that club? :)

Hurray. This feels amazing.
    Looks like I just found my vacation destination for February. Has to be the Canary Islands, listening to the new sound in the area of its birth and creation.

Maybe there'll already be a first sth up on spotify on friday?
    If not, I guess they (hopefully) won't use the holidays for any announcement or promotion.
    But I can wait. At least give us sth more. Some numbers maybe?
    Thank you.
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2016-12-22 14:31:52
    Be patient.
  • Others seem equally excited. Wonder why they are not here? Perhaps they are. Maybe, they walk among us?
    http://forum.popjustice.com/threads/goldfrapp-new-album-2017.61276/
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I Wonder in which way they're faring with they're new album. More of Supernature or the windy sounds of ToU? Or maybe they'll mix everything up? I love every of their albums (HF is like that odd little brother but I like it too) so either way will be great.
  • If HF was a baby brother, his eyes would be too close together.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Slippage said:

Gotta love how the only surviving section of the website is the forum. 

Much respect, Alison and Will. Truly. Hugs all around!

Also, considering that new music releases every Friday, perhaps they'll release a single or teaser snippet soon? iTunes was messing around with their discography not too long ago, after all...
    I don't think they'd call attention to the new album without something coming VERY soon.

Finally, welcome back to those of you coming out of post-ToU hibernation. ;)

Kudos, Slippage.   Very good point.

I do wonder.  It seems, rightly so, that they hated the leakage last time.  So, if they give a one-two punch before the shmucks can mess them up, good for them.  No, great for them!

"post-ToU hibernation. " Hahahhaa.
  • HolyOwl said:

A_is_A said:

... AND I finally remembered the email and password combo to get back into the forum! Yay!

May I join that club? :)

Hurray. This feels amazing.
    Looks like I just found my vacation destination for February. Has to be the Canary Islands, listening to the new sound in the area of its birth and creation.

Maybe there'll already be a first sth up on spotify on friday?
    If not, I guess they (hopefully) won't use the holidays for any announcement or promotion.
    But I can wait. At least give us sth more. Some numbers maybe?
    Thank you.

It's a true miracle how that works just as they seem to be releasing a new playlist!  Can't blame anyone.  It's like ER said, "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."  None of the above for this crowd.  I think Eleanor missed some essential category.  Any suggestions?
  • HolyOwl said:

A_is_A said:

Has to be the Canary Islands, listening to the new sound in the area of its birth and creation

I thought it was Dallas?
  • Others seem equally excited. Wonder why they are not here? Perhaps they are. Maybe, they walk among us?
    http://forum.popjustice.com/threads/goldfrapp-new-album-2017.61276/

Hahaha!  Referring to the residents of this animal zoo (anyone know the reference here?), that is beautiful.  Aliens.  Hahahahahahahaha!
  • Uhoh!  Getting verbose, again.  Hahaha!  I know it pisses Ms. A off.  I'll try to restrain myself.  For those of you who know my past, you know I haven't even gotten started.  But, it's the new me.  There were some real crazies around before.    I miss them.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2016-12-22 22:58:07
  • Now can we finally get a forum banner that's not extremely dated?
  • Jo_ey said:

Now can we finally get a forum banner that's not extremely dated?

Doubt it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!