Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The Untied States of America (An Open Forum)
  • This is the future.

If I were dead, could I do this?
  • 22 Comments sorted by
  • I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Maybe having these clowns in power will finally make the far-right lunatics pipe down when they see how much their beloved countries get fucked up.

• ^Sadly, rational analysis is not their strong point.

Obviously, there will be a sharp increase in hate crime, shootings and sexual assaults. Also widening disparities in wealth, and on the international scene, an abandonment of any pretence that armed intervention should have any humanitarian or ethical dimension.

But the biggest impact will be on nature and the environment. At least with normal people, you can have a discussion. This lot see environmental destruction as a positive good. 
    Post edited by whispered at 2016-11-10 05:55:01
  • Let's try and cheer ourselves up...a bit..
    How about we all post a photo of walls we've all built from the most surreal / cynical / topical / bizarre materials we can find?
  • whispered said:

Obviously, there will be a sharp increase in hate crime, shootings and sexual assaults. Also widening disparities in wealth, and on the international scene, an abandonment of any pretence that armed intervention should have any humanitarian or ethical dimension.

USA will become Russia? I hope you're wrong
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • My wall of tears trickled away before I could snap a picture.
  • Some glimmer of hope: the promise to ban muslims from entering the US has strangely disappeared from Trump's website...

• This is the best short piece I have read (that isn't just swears)

http://www.lrb.co.uk/blog/2016/11/10/adam-shatz/the-nightmare-begins/
  • Another possitive, democrats gained 2 seats in Senate, from 44 to 46 (2 indepdendents included)  and may gain another and bunch or republican senators didn't support Trump during elections
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • https://twitter.com/LifeOfReillly/status/796772623715893248

Look at those faces.

When I look at Trump I honestly wonder if he thought he would win. He's so out of place. The thought of him sleeping in the same room Obama slept in... it's surreal. I feel slightly nauseous thinking about it. 

• I'm gonna give you my opinion, for what it's worth. 70% of Americans don't trust the government. There have been obvious lies about the War in the Middle-East, huge thefts of tax-payer money, increases in surveillance cameras and militarized police..I mean the list goes on. What I find extremely disturbing is that not only has the gov pushed alot of farmers off their land, by instigating highly priced GM seed..but the crop is genetically combined with a deadly bacteria. They're making money off of killing people. Bill Gates is buying up Farmland left and right...Bill fucking Gates. Kissinger once said, you control the food..you control the people. This is not Communist China, it's the U,S of A.

Onto my point however. I think maybe Trump voters wanted New Blood..someone outside of the inner government Cabal. The leaders of the past have only become puppets to the inner government cabal, changing their rhetoric and kowtowing to them. So maybe that factored in, along with the rich, white xenophobes. Just my two cents-
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2016-11-10 17:20:01
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!