Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The Untied States of America (An Open Forum)
  • 22 Comments sorted by
  • You're right, PG. Despite Obama being a decent, civilised man, he was still controlled by the big interest groups in the arms trade, agribusiness, predator capitalists et al. He didn't dare challenge them in a big way (Obamacare was the best he could manage) because he knew that he was on thin ice.

Trump's moral incontinence forced him into a rhetorical break with the establishment, which the people bought at face value. Which goes to show how much we make decisions based on what we would like to be true, rather than what is demonstrably the case. 

• whispered said:

You're right, PG. Despite Obama being a decent, civilised man, he was still controlled by the big interest groups in the arms trade, agribusiness, predator capitalists et al. He didn't dare challenge them in a big way (Obamacare was the best he could manage) because he knew that he was on thin ice.

But Fox News promiised me that Obama will dismantle the entire apparatus of the American Imperialist State!
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • He promised he would put Hillary in prison, build a 30 foot wall on the Mexican border and slap a 45% import tariff on foriegn imports. I guess he will do none of them and also end up disappointing a lot of desperate people in the rust belt. Puffing smoke rings out of his arse!
    Will Obama do a Gerald Fird and pardon Hillary?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • The other odd thing this week was Farage referring to Obama as 'a loathsome creature' !
    Pot, Kettle !
    Cough - Hypocrite
  • The other odd thing this week was Farage referring to Obama as 'a loathsome creature' !
    Pot, Kettle !
    Cough - Hypocrite

Say what you want, but at least Farage isn't Anntichrist

I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Funny thing is, that piece of music is my phone ringtone. When it goes off in meetings, and people give me that funny look, I say, 'Oh, it's just head office'! 8-X
  • I was lighting a cigarette today and noticed the skull and bones on the lighter.  Very enlightening.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!