Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 622 Comments sorted by
  • KT Tunstall at De Montfort in Leicester last night. New album played live is really good and just an enjoyable show all round. T-shirt purchased and CD of support band The Braids.
    Only trouble with KT is she talks too much between songs. Get on with it!!
  • I love her comments and stories between songs HB. It shows she is not up her own arse.
    She was brilliant at Cambridge and I was so close, I could have touched her.
    Go to Mrs UT's YouTube to see 6 videos I took. Here is one of them, Invisible Empire. The link is on Twatter as well for @caromaple who is having a hard time thinking about avoiding Trump with his net!

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-11-09 17:09:49
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • This week more Avec Sans and Peaches. Um.
  • This Sunday, at the Colchester Arts Centre, our mate Mari Wilson. She served me a sausage roll once. Bought them herself from Waitrose ( there's posh) and heated them up.
    She is a delight to meet and has a wonderful voice.
  • As expected, Mari Wilson was fabulous. I tweeted her before the gig and asked if she would be coming out to say hello after, and she said 'Will Do. You can help with the Merch!'
    Which is what came to pass. She came out on her own to a whole line of people wanting to buy her new CD, she signed, Mrs Appy61 and I unwrapped them, organised people in the line, took their cash and I also took some photos of happy campers with Mari. All in all, a great experiance. Betcha we don't get that from Ali anytime soon!
    Watch this fab version of 24 Hours from Tulsa I shot. It was so intimate, you could cut the air with a knife.
    A gorgeous lady and a true star.

• Sounds lovely.

I have ran out of Avec Sans gigs till next year >:)
    Just saw The Cure in Manchester for the first time. Worn out just watching them! Pictures of you ohhhh. @};- Much nicer city and venue to overcrowd London venues too.

I have got Kate Tempest in Birmingham, Human League in Cambridge and Slow club in Chester in December. Lovely. January's gonna be lonely n skinny.
  • Well, can tell you now that Christmas is in the rear view mirror. 2017 is already bookended by two standout gigs.
    End of Jan, I booked tix to go and see Black Sabbath at the O2 on their 'The End' tour and I think they really mean it as Tony Iommi has been suffering with Lymphoma for several years, and is in and out of remission. Didn't want to go on my own so I bought tix for Mrs T and the Appy's as Christmas presents. My first gig was Sabbath in 1977 so this will be my 40 year anniversary with them as well.
    Then, in November at Wembley Arena, or whatever they call it now, is Alice Cooper. Never seen him before but bought his records since school days and have eaten in his Restaurant (Coopertown) in Phoenix Az.
    Also packing a few in between.
  • The Coops does a radio show out here. Bit of a whack-a-do, he is.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Wanted to visit his gaff for some time so did so on our last visit to your great state Iuv.
    He's always been bats but you need characters. Seen some of his shows on DVD and they seem ... Colourful!
    ( or is that colorful?)
  • We can actually get his radio show on Planet Rock over here.
  • Might break the gig desert with Amber Arcades.
  • Tomorrow ( well, today actually ) Black Sabbath at the O2 arena, in that there London.
    They were my first gig 41 years ago and I had to be there for The End. Sad to hear about Geoff Nicholls, who was their keyboard player for many years and died today from lung cancer.
    I am sure they will give him a proper send off.
  • As there are other Black Sabatth fans on here ( including you Alison), this is a link to a Spotify playlist which is their recent set list for The End tour gigs. Will be hearing this live tonight!! Deep Joy!

https://open.spotify.com/user/arboria1/playlist/5F4R2C9ExH7D7UHmmQbBxj
  • I enjoyed the jangly shoegaze of Amber arcades. This month Ladyhawke and the Dears.
  • Ladyhawke in Reading on Friday night to look forward too. Love Pip Brown. I believe a couple of fellow Frappers are going as well :)>-

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!