Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 622 Comments sorted by
  • JMJ. Fab gig. Oxygène is 40 years old on 2nd December (my birthday - just saying ! ) and JMJ is releasing a new Oxygène album to commemorate.
    Met Hells Bells and Big Bird in Zizzi's where they were partaking in Chianti. Very grown up. Hells is off to Brighton tomorrow for the Frap meet up. We are going to the Theatre. Uhuh, that's right, the Theatre. Something to do with Morecombe and Wise called ' The Play that I Wrote'.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Jean-Michele Jarre gig. Fab tunes and I really wanted to get up and dance. The lasers and visuals were stunning.
    Would like to have spoken to you UT and the gang a bit more but that chianti was not going to finish itself! lol!!

As for the Frapp Brighton meet up, an emotional roller coaster all weekend for me tbh. Still a thoroughly enjoyable madhouse time with lovely peeps. I shall say more in a message to you away from here though.
  • Glad you had a good time Hells. I will reply to your message x
  • ^
    Cool. Hope your well?
  • The Divine Comedy at Cambridge this coming Thursday
  • Georgia O Keefe exhibition at Tate Modern this Sunday. Went to Abiquiu once out past Sante Fe where she lived and had her studio. Fascinating!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • The Divine Comedy last night was brilliant. One of the most fun and friendly gigs I've been to for a while. Neil Hannon is adorable and so funny and intelligent. Came down to the front barrier where I stood and looked right down my camera and sung "this is just for you" through the middle of one song. Got a set list too.
    Made for one very happy HB :x
  • The Divine Comedy last night was brilliant. One of the most fun and friendly gigs I've been to for a while. Neil Hannon is adorable and so funny and intelligent. Came down to the front barrier where I stood and looked right down my camera and sung "this is just for you" through the middle of one song. Got a set list too.
    Made for one very happy HB :x

Nice to hear you had a good time HB
  • ^
    I was going to post a picture here but it doesn't work :(
  • ^
    I was going to post a picture here but it doesn't work :(

I have to say, it is a dark art on here. If you send it to me, I can post it for you.
  • This Friday at the Apex in Bury St Edmunds. Heaven17 with the British Electric Foundation featuring Mari Wilson. Hoping to bump into Mari again. Lovely lady.
  • Been to some bang tidy gigs of late. Poliça (killed me with two drummers and a wall of sound in general. Avoided all comparisons except Cocteau twins). Bat for lashes and others at Mirrors festival (one of BFLs best ever gigs me thinks. Looked and sounded amazing at St Johns church). MarthaGunn were great too. Slow club (I could just hug them) and Christine & the Queens (amazing, tiny, talks a lot inbetween songs).

Avec Sans on Sunday. Um.
    Sleep will happen in December.
  • Sunday, at the Corn Exchange p, Cambridge, K T Tunstall. A little Scottish pocket rocket of a performer. Fiesty, witty, damn good guitarist and all round performer. Oh, and well liked by old mate @caromaple.
    Will gets vids Caro as promised.
  • Sunday, at the Corn Exchange p, Cambridge, K T Tunstall. A little Scottish pocket rocket of a performer. Fiesty, witty, damn good guitarist and all round performer. Oh, and well liked by old mate @caromaple.
    Will gets vids Caro as promised.

Are you perchance going to KT with another Frapper who may have mentioned this on FB tonight?? I'm seeing KT on Tuesday.
  • I don't do FB @Hellsbells, that is the province of people who like fruit based drinks !
    Of whom do you speak?
  • Saw KT Tunstall last week at Southend. She put on a great show (over 90 minutes) and played a wide variety though I far prefer her early stuff. Support band Braids were good too

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!