Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Hows the new album coming along ?
  • 211 Comments sorted by
  • Ahem. Some of us have been here if you look. Wandering around the empty rooms of this mansion, opening the doors, brushing away the cobwebs. Found a room with some naked people in it and some naked guy with a model aircraft.....
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Felt like a caretaker keeping the place safe....
  • There's always calm before storm
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • I really hope the new album is a reinvention and something unexpected. They make beautiful music, but I'd love to feel like this was a new Goldfrapp.
  • UT- Johnny in The Shining?!

• Hereeeees U. T. !
  • For once I'm quite content waiting, Tales was such a beautiful era and I'm still basking in it, and I know whatever they come out with next will be crafted with care and love. Rushing things gets us another Head First, and even Alison's on record as saying she doesn't like that! Not that it was a bad album by any means, you could just tell it wasn't quite done forming yet. It's quite scary to think how much of my life has changed since Tales though, who I was when that came out is a very different person to who I am now, maybe that's why for me anyway the wait hasn't felt quite as long, life distracted me by bitch slapping me repeatedly :P
  • I agree Rewak. This post TOU era is like basking in the memories of a beautiful lover and a new album will inevitably wash those memories away and replace them with new emotions, hopefully equally enthralling. I too am happy to continue for a while in this post TOU fugue.
    Like you, I hope it is not another headfirst but a more considered and artistic piece that befits their talent.
    I think it is likely to be more upbeat, as Black Cherry was after Felt Mountain.
    Oh for a similar level of the bar to those two fine works!
  • Maybe it'll be angry.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I know I say this every time, but I really can't imagine what they'll come up with next.

• That's another quote to tell Lisa UT. I'm open to bribes.
  • Problem Frapp have is when Felt Mountain came out they had an interesting sound and take on trip hop type pop. That wasn't a calculated thing it was part of who they are and always will be. The problem is that sound has been matched, copied, added to, etc. and now it is very difficult for them to sound fresh without going out of their comfort zone. It is at about this time that bands regress to keep the hardcore fans happy i.e. those diehards that feel Goldfrapp owes them for their loyality to sound like Goldfrapp. They have a big enough fan base to keep going without the needed new fans so it will be interesting what they do next.

Here's an example. New song by C Duncan. Could be new Goldfrapp easily... 

Post edited by tattmaylor at 2016-10-01 14:44:41
  • Just listened to this song and Im not feelin' it soz.
  • i dunno that felt mountain was who they are - i think it just happened to be where they were at that moment and the journey just continues... and the next chapter is going to be epic - i can feel it
  • there's hommage - and then there's...well, you tell me....Skye Ross on tonight's "Loose Ends" http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p049kyzm

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!