Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 529 Comments sorted by
  • Ponygurl said:

Welcome back Hells... :-h

Hi mate L-)
  • Nice to see a few familiar faces that have been missing for ages.  Welcome back.  Missed y'all.
  • It just seemed an appropriate place for this and, also, an appropriate title.  But, then, I'm ... what what it, UT?

• Good article WW. Exam factories and the accompanying stress for kids are what the Teaching unions have been fighting against for several years now. ( NUT strike 5th July!). Creative subjects are being wiped off the curriculum. Our kids are being manipulated into little rigid learning robots.. Rather like the Korean model. That's alright then.
  • I'm glad you liked it, Kat.  Maybe the human race can now be called Homo Dronio rather than Homo Sapiens.  It's much more fitting.  I made dronio up.  Or, Homo arboreal.

It's just another symptom of the real problem, the root cause.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2016-06-30 12:09:04
  • I'd like to delude myself that I still retain creativity in my classroom. You'd be amazed what I can do with a condom and a metre rule. And it's shocking what the kids can put their hands to lol!
  • I wanna be in YOUR class!

I am sure that spectacular teachers can overcome the worst of the exam factories and the learning bent and enhance the creative bent.  My sister and niece spent their lives fighting the bureaucracy of schools as teachers.  But, how many teachers just give up fighting the system?  I got tired of fighting the system I was stuck in, so I quit.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2016-07-01 02:31:08
  • I've finally managed to get back on here. but the GMB gods seem determined to kill us off.
    After bein locked out, I contacted HJ to request a new invitation for me, which he did. But no invite has arrived, either at my old mail, or when we tried again using a different one.

Does anyone know if we've had any new members in the last year?
  • Nice to see you back (sic) Whisperit. Sorry to read your catalogue of health woes.
    We have had a few. I had trouble with one where I was sending invites but nothing was turning up. It had something to do with the email account they were using. We got it sorted eventually.
    If you need a new invite to try alongside HJ's my email is on my home wall/info.
    We stay here and persevere to spite the GMB gods!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • thanks, ut.i will email you soon .right now its time for  bed - after another evening in a and e. ended with the dr agreeing that staying in hospital was probably more risky than taking my chances back at home...
  • Hospitals. Places where you are more likely to pick up an infection than get rid of one.
    Florence Nightingale must be rolling in her grave!
  • Hi Matt. Welcome back (or is that Florence N waving from her grave?)
  • F88k i feel so old. When i look an emojicons now I I have no idea what I am looking at or what social faux pas I will make when i use it. :-)

Funny, I have not really found a good music forum outside here (everyone has gone twitter and facebook is too family linked so keep it tight). Also my Goldfrapp love had diminished, but thats not a reflection of Frapp but I am always looking for new stuff so after 10 years 6 albums etc.. I tend to I feel I have enough of that artist unless they really suprise me (e.g. Bowie -Blackstar). To honest as lovely as ToU was, it was to nostalgic and backwards looking in style for me to get really excited by. I think well known bands have an uphill battle to sound fresh. Think that's why so many (U2 classic example after the underated POP) just go back to what they have had most success with and repeat that for ever to a hardcore of fans who never want there band to change.

I'd almost prefer a slightly miss hit Head First than a really slick Tales of Us as you get little gems in there. It will be really interesting to see what they do next after ToU.
  • F88k i feel so old. When i look an emojicons now I I have no idea what I am looking at or what social faux pas I will make when i use it. :-)

Funny, I have not really found a good music forum outside here (everyone has gone twitter and facebook is too family linked so keep it tight). Also my Goldfrapp love had diminished, but thats not a reflection of Frapp but I am always looking for new stuff so after 10 years 6 albums etc.. I tend to I feel I have enough of that artist unless they really suprise me (e.g. Bowie -Blackstar). To honest as lovely as ToU was, it was to nostalgic and backwards looking in style for me to get really excited by. I think well known bands have an uphill battle to sound fresh. Think that's why so many (U2 classic example after the underated POP) just go back to what they have had most success with and repeat that for ever to a hardcore of fans who never want there band to change.

I'd almost prefer a slightly miss hit Head First than a really slick Tales of Us as you get little gems in there. It will be really interesting to see what they do next after ToU.

Hopefully something in that happy medium between the shameless camp-pop of Head First and the slick loveliness of ToU. Or something that's just totally out there.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!