Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 248 Comments sorted by
  • And what sucks most is I haven't ever been to Cornwall but know how beautiful it is. And these numpties obviously didn't care. Spare me the human race.
  • It is awfully bizarre, isn't it?  From what  I understand of Go it is completely simple, so why the fascination?
  • Here's a couple of conspiracy theories concerning Trump and they are diametrically opposed.

1.  Did you know that Trump started out as a Democrat and turned into a Republican?  So, what if his whole purpose is to derail the Republican party and assure the Democrats win?  Either party winning worries me.  It's not the parties but the whole political situation that is a mess.  People are just tired of making a choice between two (or more) idiots.
    2.  The Lunatic really thinks he can "fix" everything.  Is there such a term as "confusion complex"?

Oh, and a third theory.  In multiple countries, as urge for isolationism is being driven by the fear of "us and them" to quote Pink Floyd.  Is that intentional?  It is working in country after country because of terrorism, people willing blowing themselves up, and a depressed economic background where people are losing their jobs and replacing them with jobs of less import.  Whether intentional or not (I don't tend to think any one is behind it), it is a retrenchment into fear of others, instability, and "survival" at the individual level.

Anyone have a fix?  And, I mean a fix that works.
  • I gues it could be cyclical. My home=my castle > let's work together > my home=my castle> let's work together,etc. There were kingdoms, kingdoms joined into empires, followed by nation states, followed by blocks and unions, something like that
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • So you may have heard that here in the UK, Amazon is being sponsored by the government to do a trial on postal deliveries by drone. You could have your parcel delivered 30 mins after ordering it, apparently. That is, if it isn't dropped in the field / car park / garden / land fill site / whatever behind your house...or if it doesn't cause a road traffic accident by descending from the sky...or if it doesn't terrify cows, sheep, dogs etc to stampede, again causing further accidents...or if it doesn't get wedged on your roof....or if it doesn't decapitate innocent people...or if ( shall I go on).
    And guess what? They'll be taking photos of your address for govt surveillance purposes ( I don't know that for a fact but it's never stopped me before lol).
    Amazon.....you have just lost one customer right here.
  • Don't people ever question the larger ulterior motives?

• I hope they make chemtrails too
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • I like your theory, Ludux.  Then came traders, diplomacy, politicians ...

This just cracked me up concerning politics and politicians.  I thought I might find something interesting under word origin.  The bold type is mine.

1580s, "person skilled in politics," from politics + -ianIt quickly took on overtones, not typically good ones. 
    Johnson defines it as "A man of artifice; one of deep contrivance."
    Now, politic is interesting in that it comes from "citizen".  What's latin for "screwed"?

Anyways, where was I?  Oh, yeah.  Then came traders, diplomacy, politicians, traders turned into crooks and middle-men (hiss), diplomacy turned into a corrupted high art, and politics became a game of control.  Nowadays, we're going to have to figure out how corporations are going to fit into the game?  They seem to be ruling more than "the peepul", errrr, citizen. 
  • There are probably lots of people, esp in America, who are already familiar with the work of artist / illustrator David Dees. Formerly a cartoonist for Sesame Street, he became a political satirist with his photoshopped collages, which incidentally, are free for anyone to use. Anyone interested in CTs should Google David Dees and check out his work. But be warned, once you've Googled his name, you may begin to get psyched out and stalked by Them, as he claims is happening to him ( see the article about him on Internet-gawker.com).
    Maybe someone far cleverer than me, and just as reckless, can post images directly into this thread.
  • Someone get me two nurofen and a glass of Pellegrino; I'm getting one of my heads.

http://www.takepart.com/article/2016/09/15/bayer-monsanto-merger
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • KatRobin said:

There are probably lots of people, esp in America, who are already familiar with the work of artist / illustrator David Dees. Formerly a cartoonist for Sesame Street, he became a political satirist with his photoshopped collages, which incidentally, are free for anyone to use. Anyone interested in CTs should Google David Dees and check out his work. But be warned, once you've Googled his name, you may begin to get psyched out and stalked by Them, as he claims is happening to him ( see the article about him on Internet-gawker.com).
    Maybe someone far cleverer than me, and just as reckless, can post images directly into this thread.

May be some truth to his paranoia. I mean, why would someone as interesting as he not have a Wikipedia page? Is someone trying to keep him out of the public eye?

His blame-Obama-for-everything seems a little over the top. Obama a fascist? Really?

However, in his defense, I don't know that I'd call him anti-Semitic--by his artwork that is. Anti-Israel, obviously. Of course, one way the pro-Israel faction likes to shut detractors up is to shout anti-Semitism any time anyone complains about their genocidal practices.

For all I know the person could be a complete racist, but, to me, he looks pretty much like a representative of the anti-establishment. I'd say we need that kind of crazy around.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Was the Moon landing faked? Is this really Stanely Kubrick? Nothing surprises me anymore-

U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Never trust the medium of film. Of course that's not Stanley Kubrick, that's Father Christmas. And someone should tell him Mr McCartney is still alive.
  • 4 words- Van Allen Radiation Belts, haha! Let's all go drink some Tang! (Can't forget the product placement)

U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I think I found God.  Hehehehe!  Just kidding..I think.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!