Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The "Clay" Appreciation Thread
  • 212 Comments sorted by

• What's the second one?  Arse. :-L

*finds trailer*

'Jo'?  Lots of love for 'Jo'.  Let's be honest there's nary a clunker on there, all wuvley.

• I have loved all of Goldfrapp's albums, and I just can't say that about any other artist.  I adore how we have overall artistry between visuals and sound.  It is beyond the music.  I really look at a new Goldfrapp album as being an encompassing experience.  It's as though it's meant to cradle you and transport you elsewhere for a time until you drift back to your world.  And I'm never quite sure how this magic is possible.

I too would love more of their swarthy electronic gloss at some point, but I'm over the moon that they have styled themselves so authentically noir this time around.  I love how I can hear and see influences from so many decades across their albums, and yet it is always still something that is all their own.  They are just delightful.

And oh yes, I adore Clay, but I cannot decide which of the snippets is really my favorite.  There's so much dreamlike quality in just a few seconds of this new sound.  
  • I'd love to read that letter!
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Brats! I get this:

Server not found

Can't find the server at www.dailykos.com.

Maybe it's my firewall:(

I'm curious now, would love to read it. I'll try looking it up a different way with the info you gave me. Thanks Stranger!

LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Here is the letter: link :)

A_is_A said:

Brats! I get this:

Server not found

Can't find the server at www.dailykos.com.

Maybe it's my firewall:(

I'm curious now, would love to read it. I'll try looking it up a different way with the info you gave me. Thanks Stranger!

Post edited by kaleb20 at 2013-06-26 18:31:13
  • Would you stop with the fucking spoilers?! JUST STOP. G*** d8**** get lost!
  • Don't read them if you don't like them.

• Low said:

Don't read them if you don't like them.

Yes. Agreed :)
  • I don't even understand what "G*** d8****" even means. I mean what kind of a swear is that?

• kaleb20 said:

Here is the letter: link :)

Thanks so much! My God it is beautiful. This letter is so deserving of a song.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL

• Stranger said:

We do not know if this is THE letter though because there are discrepancies between the letter as mentioned in the press release and this one. But more like this exist so I guess it doesn't really matter because their core messages are the same. They are letters of war, love and loss.

But still, even as a memory, its an anniversary :) I find this letter very beautiful.
  • Stranger said:

So do I.

I think the art of love letter writing is lost these days.

Very true... But I know one person that wrote me the most amazing love letter I've read to this day. Guess I'm very lucky ;)
  • Ooh lucky! I love, love letters:)
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • A_is_A said:

Ooh lucky! I love, love letters:)

Yes, me too. Specially because it's a piece of the other person, a written feeling that the person wants you to keep it... Don't know how to make myself very clear in english on this subject

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!