Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • Excited and nervous about meeting up with a couple of Frappers on Thursday :-S
  • Funny you should say that Hells as I'm the same. I have to warn you, the shorter blond one of us does bite.
    :D
  • ^ Oh dont, Im nervous enough as it is! Besides save your teeth for the meal ;)

• Heh heh. If we were any more down to earth we'd be slugs. Fear not. And as for teeth, mine are in a glass of Steradent for two days now just so I can give you my cheesiest grin. :D
  • Feel really fucking pissed off and annoyed tbh. All I merely said on my Facebook page is I think it's sexism at its worst when men are wearing knee length shorts and t-shirts in the beach volleyball at Rio but the women wear next to nothing! I get told by someone who is supposed to be a friend accusing me off saying women should be fully clothed like sharia law and my argument is ridiculous. All I mean is in my opinion is why aren't the men topless in that case if both sexes are proud of their figures for their "sport". Always got to be the women near naked and it fucking does my head in. I'm more annoyed that a friend can make me feel like I'm not allowed an opinion on my own FB page ffs.
    I know your all thinking how petty but I'm a very sensitive person and this wank shit has made me feel as though I've posted something offensive
  • I doubt the girls are made to wear those skimpy costumes HB. If I had a figure like that, I would. As for the guys, well, they are probably all vain, self obsessed twats in any case.
    I am enjoying the hockey while I write this. I like women with a bit more structure to them. Ones that look like they will not break and can back you up in a knife fight/ help you dispose of an inconvieniant corpse!
    ;)
    Have told you before. You worry too much about what other people think. Remember, they are entitled to their opinion, but they are wrong! Chin up!
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-08-17 16:41:42
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • ... why aren't the men topless ... Always got to be the women near naked and it fucking does my head in.

I know! Right?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Feeling very pogged this am after our lovely meal out last night with Hells Bells, Big Bird and FenlandPhil. Thanks guys, we really enjoyed it- you're lovely people.

^
    In response to Kats post, it was a lovely evening and thanks all for coming. Frappers should meet more often. I'm thinking New York next time lol ;))
  • Do you have a 25% off voucher for the tickets too?! Cooooool!
  • KatRobin said:

Do you have a 25% off voucher for the tickets too?! Cooooool!

One day I will go to New York, one day

Today has been very busy but I am soooo happy about the Olympics. Team GB has astounded me as really didn't think we would do well at all. I'm glad I was wrong. Be sad when it finishes :(
  • KatRobin said:

Do you have a 25% off voucher for the tickets too?! Cooooool!

One day I will go to New York, one day

Today has been very busy but I am soooo happy about the Olympics. Team GB has astounded me as really didn't think we would do well at all. I'm glad I was wrong. Be sad when it finishes :(

I agree HB. Mrs T hates it but I will watch any sports if the Brits are doing well. I like the ideal behind the Olympics, of Nations coming together every 4 years to compete with each other. A bit like the Hunger Games but without the death and distopia! A shame that some countries felt the need to win at all costs as to win in that way is pointless. Who are you fooling? Well, yourself actually.
    I saw yesterday that some people think that team GB are putting too much emphasis on winning medals. What the fuck do you expect them to do? These are the people who think it is unacceptable to encourage children to be competative; to want to win. There are no losers. Everyone's a winner. Let's all have a hug!
    Hogshit! Life is a competative sport and you need to do your best to win otherwise others will just fuck you over. I like to think that when the Romans threw Christians to the Lions, they were all, actually Social Workers. Never has such a bunch of shilly shallying twats done more to fuck up society.
    Play up team GB. Let's beat the Chinese to 2nd place. Well done the women's Hockey team.
    For two weeks after London 2012 I had withdrawal symptoms and I think I actually grieved. Me, a big, tough lad!
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-08-19 20:15:17
  • Also, rather shocked today to discover that most other countries pay athletes if they win medals.
    USA pays an athelete $25,000 if the win a Gold. Other countries; some of the 'stans, pay $500,000. Singapore over $700,000. There is a rumour that in Cuba, a Gold medal will get you 4 new tyres for a Lada. It certainly engenders commitment to the cause, but is it right?
    We pay nothing apparantly, but some may get an OBE or a Knighthood.
    See here
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-37129276
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2016-08-19 20:25:41
  • Are there not endorsements for athletes in the UK, UT? That's where US athletes make the most money.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • When our lot come home UT there will be a welcome home parade in Manchester. By the end of the year there will be Knighthoods, Damehoods and OBE's aplenty I guess. Another great day and evening ahead for Team GB.

Anyway, feel tired today. Shoe's and clothes shopping takes it out of me phew 
    Post edited by Hells_Bells at 2016-08-20 17:09:00

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!