Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Hows the new album coming along ?
  • 211 Comments sorted by
  • Yeah, Kat, but think of what fun it would be if your agent, manager, and whatever other middle-men were involved were doing their job.  I'm really hoping Slippage is onto something.  That would be what I was waiting for all these years.  That Goldfrapp got the recognition they deserve for some awesome music that was under-sold.  Anyway, Sippage, I hope you are right.  So, are you left coast or right coast?  I live in Maine.

I'm a righty, Whickwithy  - smack dab in the Canadian capital, which is quite a pickle considering that I have an ever-increasing desire to live by the sea. Oh well. Perhaps I'll have to save up for that QM2 crossing on my bucket list after all...

...Ahem! Dreaming aside, it's obvious they're in "studio" mode (Alison has three modes that I've noted: Instagram-addict, lovely chatterbox mode, studio and/or dead silence mode, and full-on promo mode). 

And of course, Will is... well, Will! Lol. Gotta love these two.

As I said it really does feel like there's something being brewed up behind four walls somewhere. 
    I predict a summer announcement and fall release, with a tour commencing in South America in the winter before moving into North America and the UK as it gets warmer. 

Wait, am I dreaming again? I'm depressed and need a cookie! 
    :-??
    Post edited by Slippage at 2016-06-16 12:29:00
  • Don't get too psyched up, Slippage.  You know they can take a looooong time once they get into studio mode.  High hopes, though.  Okay, go eat a cookie.  Ummmm, you don't have BJ's in Canada, do you?  They've got a cookie that is out of this world.  They're called palmiers.  Reminds me of like a sweet croissant or something.  To die for.

Well, errr, if I remember correctly, you have the St. Laurence river, right?  Not enough?  I live pretty much on the ocean and it has its good point and bad points, I guess.  A cruise is a whole different matter.  I've always dreamed of doing all of my travel overseas by cruise ship.  Nice dream but my pocketbook disagrees.  So, you must speak French.  I'm jealous.  I've tried all my life to learn French.  I've dreamed of moving to Quebec or Montreal to learn it (well, Paris, of course, first but there's that pocketbook, again!).  Quebec would probably work better since they don't much care for English.  Total immersion, you know?
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2016-06-16 20:15:13
  • The St. Lawrence is quite a ways off from Ottawa, unless if one drives (and there's little need to do so in such a city). French was never a strong suit of mine, but thankfully it isn't "enforced". 

I'd highly suggest sticking to France - it's proper, sophisticated French and a culture/professionalism/decorum to match. Quebec is, well... slang.

Dirty slang in every way. Still, those are my own perceptions. 
    Post edited by Slippage at 2016-06-17 22:18:03
  • Gosh, I thought everyone east of Toronto were bilingual.  I'm surprised! 

I would definitely take Paris over, well, anyplace in the world.  But, that's just in my dreams.
  • Gosh, I thought everyone east of Toronto were bilingual.  I'm surprised! 

I would definitely take Paris over, well, anyplace in the world.  But, that's just in my dreams.

It used to be like that, but the influx of people from other countries is changing that greatly. Plenty of people are bilingual, that's for certain, but generally as you move Westward through Ontario, there are fewer French-speaking people (unless if it's their first language or they moved from a French-oriented area). Ottawa is now a melting pot of countless cultures and languages. Unless if one is working for the government or high-ranking business positions, French isn't generally a requirement and is more of an 'asset' really. Frankly I welcome that stance, as some people are simply mentally unable to learn such a language (myself included - French is pretty darn complicated to me!). Still hell to find work though!

For me, Japan is the place to be. The earthquakes and crazy North Koreans are a small price to pay in return for such a truly beautiful, professional and exciting place! Paris is gorgeous and I look forward to visiting someday, but ISIS needs to be sorted out first, as well as the general unrest in Europe (Brexit, Russia, etc.) in order for me to feel comfortable enough over there. Same with Greece (another bucket list location). Too many upset people forcing their agendas and acting aggressively for my liking right now, but time heals all! I'm sure the bad blood will course through the system and dilute in due time.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2016-06-20 13:44:49
  • That is the cool thing about capital cities.  All of the cultures make it a fascinating place to live.  Too bad about French.  Maybe that's my problem, too.  I've tried to learn French since high school.  Sheesh!  I keep to the excuse, though, that it's not easy to find someone that speaks it!  Ha!

You know, when I used to visit South Korea pretty often, it used to fascinate me.  It just seemed like such a joyous culture.  And, then it dawned on me why.  Having some lunatics right across the border probably makes one really appreciate what one has at the moment.  I think what hit me was that I usually visited Seoul and it is almost literally a stone's throw away from those nutjobs in North Korea.

Yeah, Greece has always attracted me due to the ancient history.  I mean it's kinda the founding place of western civilization.  Though, for some odd reason, Scotland is really high on my list.  I have no idea why.  Maybe it's the whiskey?

Errr, by the way, maybe it was the Ottawa river I was thinking of...

Post edited by Whickwithy at 2016-06-20 17:31:01
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • The most important bit is in the comments!

:D
    Post edited by alex_f at 2016-06-20 21:17:50
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • Very nice to know they're at it, though.  Ha!  I'm liking it already, silly as that sounds.
  • Yay! Happy days are here again! And the weather's turned nice...and there's a strawberry moon...and Alison has alluded to gathering her coven for the Solstice. I like that she can laugh at herself ( but an invite to join would've been nice lol).
  • Hahaha!

A strawberry moon?  Sounds cool.
  • but... but... Will said in an interview earlier this year that they planned on finishing the album by the summer. oh well. things change I guess. long time to wait for fans but always worth it when it comes to this band.

OR they are already working on something else unrelated and THAT's what A was referring to --- one can dream right? ;)
    Post edited by lukasgardiner at 2016-06-21 07:33:28
  • I was trying to remember how long after they wrapped up recording the last album that it was released.  Seems like it was quite awhile.
  • Love is patient, love is kind.
  • KatRobin said:

They'll be back when the next album's released.

From your mouth to God's ears Kat !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!