Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Hows the new album coming along ?
  • 211 Comments sorted by
  • Low said:

Low said:

LuDux said:

Low said:

This will officially be the longest awaited Goldfrapp album (to date)

Second actually

(1. FM)

Confused about your reasoning?

No, it's very clear to me

I'm confused about your reasoning  (:|

Doesn't look like you are sure about that. Are you sure about that
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • LuDux said:

Low said:

Low said:

LuDux said:

Low said:

This will officially be the longest awaited Goldfrapp album (to date)

Second actually

(1. FM)

Confused about your reasoning?

No, it's very clear to me

I'm confused about your reasoning  (:|

Doesn't look like you are sure about that. Are you sure about that

You are quite strange.

• is this really the longest wait from tales to the latest album? God, it only feels like months since Tales was released... to me anyway...

i'm happy waiting 1 year, 5 years, 10 years for new music from frapp. they're taking time to actually take their time and craft something that they are happy with and not something thats been pushed and rushed because of the bloody record companies.

right now, im enjoying Alison's (and even Lisa's) beautiful photo's over on instagram to tide me over. :) Will pops in every so often on twitter to announce other little projects.

i find myself skipping from frapp to florence to natasha right now on my walks to work. hopefully there will be new frapp to listen to on my looooong walk to the office.

patience people. its coming. x
  • I have the feeling ( and probably not alone, even if some may be in denial!) that the next could be the last Goldfrapp album. Just sense that Alison is extending her career options, and who can blame her. She has other visual talents too. If true, there must be enormous pressure on them to produce their opus, and my heart goes out. I could be wrong...but I'm never wrong on the conspiracy thread...you mark my words!
  • KatRobin said:

I have the feeling ( and probably not alone, even if some may be in denial!) that the next could be the last Goldfrapp album. Just sense that Alison is extending her career options, and who can blame her. She has other visual talents too. If true, there must be enormous pressure on them to produce their opus, and my heart goes out. I could be wrong...but I'm never wrong on the conspiracy thread...you mark my words!

I have been wondering how much they'd go up to. I of course would be very sad if this was their last album, but if it was truly their opus then I would be satisfied if they ended it on a high.

• Have the previous NOT been their opera?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • nerrr. i doubt this'll be the last album they make. if anything, the next album after this one may take a lot longer that's all.

it's what most artists of their calibre do. alison and will aren't pop artists who are thrust into public view everyday like todays pop turds you see splashed here there and everywhere... the demand for pumping out album after album really isn't there. so they have time to actually go out and explore, take on new challenges etc, but every now and then they'll get back together to write and produce new material. :)

give it a good number of years and they'll be doing something as big as Kate Bush's Before the Dawn concerts ;)
  • I sure hope you're right Cookie, and I agree with your comments. There's no reason why they shouldn't go on and on if they choose to. Here's hoping!
    But remember what I said about Armageddon on July 29th lol!
  • Are you in league with Ponygurl now, Kat?
  • What do you mean? She's a fellow conspiracy theorist if that's what you mean. One of the reasons I miss her.
  • Maybe that's where she is. Planning for the end that is.
  • So what's everyone else think about the idea going round that there was no " lone gunman" at Orlando and that it wasn't Isis planned ( though they credited themselves for it after)?
  • I know, thread bump, sorry.
  • Haven't even heard that.
  • And it wasn't planned by ISIS. I don't think anyone of consequence believes that it was.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2016-07-11 11:49:50

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!