Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Hows the new album coming along ?
  • Hey Alison + Will. Hows the new album coming along ?.Was listening to Seventh Tree today, 'Happiness' in particular (and what a great piece of music that still is !!). But when listening to it i missed you :-(. So please hurry up with some new stuff :-). We really miss you !.
  • 211 Comments sorted by
  • Oh dear. There's another kitten gone missing in @satori 's neighbourhood !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • L
    M
    A
    O

• I hope there are chime bars and kettle drums- just saying.
  • In keeping with the "homes" theme, I would expect pots & pans, whiskey jugs, and wooden wash basins.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2016-06-06 14:12:21
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Maybe a cuckoo clock for nostalgia?
  • What, as in Oompah Radar?
  • Probably...but I do hear cuckoo clocks all the time, kind of like tinnitus with wings. I see unicorns flying by too. 8-}
  • Call me suspicious, or hopeful, but I have noticed an upward swing on the Goldfrapp playometer on the radio.
    It's not that they are strangers to the radio, but reasonably rate that you notice. Now, in 3 days, we have had Twist at the end of the early breakfast show and then Rocket today.
    Last time I noticed this trend was a few weeks before they announced TOU, and I put it down to DJ's getting advance warning of releases and gently preparing the listeners by playing some back catologue.
    Keep listening!
  • Mark Radcliffe played Strict Machine on Friday
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • That's three swallows! Is Summer just around the corner?
    Never heard Twist on the radio for a looong time !
  • Gah! Don't do this to me! Alison also announced the band being featured in a mix playlist today - for Orlando, mind you, but they do seem keen on gaining the public's interest when put into perspective alongside the spike in radio play. 

Speaking of which, Fly Me Away and Utopia have been played here in Canada (Ottawa) quite often lately. Heard Rocket as well, but that was a while ago... until recently when I heard it again, in a taxi. Mind you, they've been playing Goldfrapp in Canada for years now - likely to entice them to return for the first time since 2008. Could be something else to it, though. Not sure if radio or store mix cds, but still...

:bz Buzzing with excitement  :bz

Surely, after them being silent for so very long, an announcement is on the horizon? I have a strong suspicion of something soon - be it a show similar to the Little Noise Sessions or album announcement. It's one of those situations when you can just FEEL something looming in the distance. Last time that happened, for me at least, Tales of Us was announced. Can't say my instincts have ever been wrong when it comes to album announcements, but I might not be right this time. We'll see! 

Sharp-eyed Frappers, keep an eye out for any weird adjustments on the website! That's always a sign.
    Post edited by Slippage at 2016-06-15 15:47:21
  • Well I hope your psychic intuition is honed Slippage. Can't help thinking how crap it would be to be an artist and have all this pressure applied all the time...I think I worry too much constantly about how other people feel!
  • Yeah, Kat, but think of what fun it would be if your agent, manager, and whatever other middle-men were involved were doing their job.  I'm really hoping Slippage is onto something.  That would be what I was waiting for all these years.  That Goldfrapp got the recognition they deserve for some awesome music that was under-sold.  Anyway, Sippage, I hope you are right.  So, are you left coast or right coast?  I live in Maine.
  • I have noticed that some of Alison's photo captions refer to being near the studio! They're a sneaky pair A and W....here we are waiting at the gates, and not a crumb thrown!
  • Didn't they get kinda hot about someone releasing their last work early?   That would add up, also.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!