Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 353 Comments sorted by
  • Victoria Wood tipified the quirkiness of British humour and was loved by millions. Apologies to our US friends who may not get the nuance but hopefully you've mixed with us lot long enough! This is the rather risqué side of Victoria not normally shown to the TV masses. Very funny - RIP Victoria you will be missed but with this stuff about, never forgotten. 

Post edited by Appy61 at 2016-04-21 07:27:53
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Prince?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I was never a Prince fan but do respect how incredibly talented he was. But Victoria Wood...I'm grieving :(
  • I too was not a huge Prince fan but some of his music was superb and 1999 with Little Red Corvette on the B side sits on our jukebox forever (it's playing as I type this).
    RIP Prince. Not many artists like you about these days.
    It's about time the A of D put his feet up this year!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Maybe I've misunderstood this thread. Though I could appreciate his skill, I wasn't a fan either. I was just reporting what I'd read. Apparently, Alison's gushing a bit today.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2016-04-21 16:34:52
  • Wwwhhhhaaaaa.....?!?! My sister just called me crying....WTF?!?!?!
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Oh, Prince..it doesn't seem real. =(( @};- . Just looking at some of his interviews now-

U R I E L
  • Dearly Beloved... Help! I can't seem to escape the Purple.
  • Heard today someone recant a story about sitting in a theatre at a production the purple God was involved with, and looked around and saw Prince sitting on his own about 3 rows behind her ( I once had a similar experience with one William Gregory).
    She went back to him, chatted inanely for a bit and then asked if he would autograph her work book.
    Prince replied that the only thing he signed was cheques !
  • I actually stood next to him UT, way back in the 90's. I kinda froze though and couldn't speak, I was so young and really starstruck. I'm still in disbelief- I hope we get a report soon. My sis told me yesterday he was epileptic, I never knew. I've been watching old concert footage..his performances were so sexually raw- at least in the beginning. He gave everything on stage. Heaven is certainly brighter-
    U R I E L
  • If anyone is wondering what all the Prince fuss is about, check out this 2 minute 45 second guitar solo ( on a Tortoise Shell Plank) at the end of While My Guitar Gently Weeps. The fun starts at 3.30.
    Where does that guitar go at the end??
  • Apparantly, Eric Clapton was once asked what it was like to be the world's greatest guitarist. He replied
    'I have no idea; you should go and ask Prince'.
  • Muhammad Ali  :(

• Now Gene Wilder. Every generation will feel this one :(

• ^
    Very sad about Gene :(

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!