Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4410 Comments sorted by
  • ^ That sounds up my alley...I'll have to give it a listen. Can you supply a link?

I have the Gotan Project on now- La Revancha del Tango
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Hall & Oates - You Make My Dreams Come True

• Don't Stop-
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2015-11-18 20:17:05
    U R I E L
  • ^ I saw her recently. She was so high!!! And sexy as sin I must say...as usual. She asked the audience for weed, which was immediatly procured and passed around. Let the record show, that I, did not partake. Only because last time I did, I got so paranoid I thought she was trying to steal my soul. Hahaha it's so sad, tragic really, I just can't get high anymore. It does me no good. Anyway, it was a fun show. I always have a good time when they come around. See them if you get a chance. I guarantee some madness will insue.
    Oh and I read that she just landed a featured role on a TV show. It's a new comedy written by and staring Zack Gar something or other, the funny, fat, bearded guy from The Hangover films. I'll watch it just for her sake. I'm happy for her.

I've been listening to Panda Bear btw, in case anybody wants to know. He's like the love child of Vashti Bunyan and the Beach Boys Brian Williams
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2015-11-18 23:15:02
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • You know i saw her too, but at a different venue. I was gonna text you some video I took of the performance- but I decided against it, as I was a touch inebriated :P. You know, you turned me onto her M....and....what.a.show. First off, she came in the bar before the show and I didn't even recognize her. She looked sexy, yes...but a little gaunt. At this show I believe she was on coke. She had the obvious signs going on. It's funny, I've never done cocaine...it's a road I never wanted to travel. As for weed, I partake once in a blue moon. I think the grade of weed has gotten so superior though..it just puts me into a stupor. Anywho, she was definitely on something..because she came down off the stage and danced with me and wanted me to sing with her! (I could've easily turned it into a live sex show at that point..but somehow I controlled myself.) The band and her voice were in excellent form. She's so down to earth and has a great sense of humor..it was a great big party!

I'll have to check out Panda Bear, as you have great taste ;)
    U R I E L
  • I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • ^
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2015-11-19 21:54:05
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • A_is_A said:

^ Nice one Dux!
    PG- They finally made it round to your part of the state, and you got to see them live. She's such a character right?! I like her fuck it all stage attitude and her "Jolie de vivre". I have a feeling this will be their last tour for a while. With this new TV show she might not have time to go touring for a bit. I guess it all depends on how it goes.
    I've been on a Panda Bear binge lately, his hypnotic tunes put my mind at ease and help me tune out all the noise in my head.
    Hope you're doing well. Alison's gonna be on the radio tomorrow btw, I'm trying to figure out how to catch the show. I'm sure it's probably pre-recorded.

LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Well, here's a conundrum.
    Guy Garvey, him from Elbow, does a Sunday afternoon show on BBC 6 music called 'Guy Garvey's Finest Hour' ( which runs for two hours??) Today, he played 'You Don't' by Tricky, and said that the vocal was by Alison Goldfrapp. Now, according to my research on the sleeve notes, the female vocal on You Don't is by Icelander Ragga (Ragnhildur Gísladóttir ) and not Alison. Now either Guy has made a cock-up, or he know's something we do not. There are bits that sound like Alison and then bits that do not, but it is in her register.
    What do you think?

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • What is confusing is that Alison did contribute a vocsl to that album on a track called 'Pumpkin'.
    See below.

• Definatley her on Pumpkin because here is a live version with Alison in jaunty red beret and a Sandie Shaw style bare feet!

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2015-11-22 13:53:49
  • I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
  • Oh, the other thing Mr G said was that he is off on tour with E soon and while he is away, people are sitting in for him. Next week is John Grant, but another week is

Alison Goldfrapp!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!