Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • I'm getting in the Halloween spirit, reading about the life of Edgar Allan Poe.

-http://www.poemuseum.org/life.php
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2015-10-13 12:03:34
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I miss the forum. And the people who I used to chat with :( I wonder what they're getting up to?
  • folklore said:

I miss the forum. And the people who I used to chat with :( I wonder what they're getting up to?

Some of us are still here, flying the flag till the next Goldfrapp adventure comes upon us. Others visit, but move silently through the pages, mute and ethereal.
    @A_is_A was here only at the weekend and nice to hear from you as well. It seems some have recamped to a secure enclave on FaceBook.
    :-/
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Which I don't get at all. Surely if you're a Goldfrapp fan, this is your natural home?
  • Well said Kat. My thought exactly. This was set up by Goldfrapp for their fans to communicate with each other and exchange views. Thoughts that the site is far from perfect seem to miss that point. I mean, neither is France, but millions of French people continue to live there !
    Viva Le Forum !
  • I joined the old forum in 2005 been reading it before then, loadsa people about, lots of different personalities and fun. It's not really such a great Frapp home anymore :( but that's ok it's good there are still people about :)
  • You get out what you put in. Some have taken their bats to another field but that's fine with me. They are missed but it is their choice.
    I'm with Kat. This is Goldfrapp prime and nothing will change that. :)
  • folklore said:

I joined the old forum in 2005 been reading it before then, loadsa people about, lots of different personalities and fun. It's not really such a great Frapp home anymore :( but that's ok it's good there are still people about :)

What the hell Folklore? Are we merely chopped liver to you? :P It reminds me of a recent movie date I had with some friends- after the movie we had drinks and a film discussion and one of the girls started to cry for no reason. We were all like, "why are you crying?"...then she said, "because I have no friends" and we were all like.."What in thee Hell?" Then we gave her a hug and reminded her we're more than chopped liver. Anywho, glad to see you back! xo
    U R I E L
  • Thanks and*HUGS* course not x

In other news I've had a cold since I started dealing with members of the public more. Constant sore throat forever. I put halloween hex on you cold bringers!

• im just getting over one I've had for a whole bloody month, but can't blame anyone here for it! The curse of being trapped in a classroom all day with personal hygienic ally challenged teenagers!!
    Totally agree with uT s comment - you get out what you put in. While This site still exists I'll still be here, bar an occasional absence for unforeseen reasons...After all, from Alison and Will ' s points of view, surely they must gauge whether to make the next album or not based on the hunger and support expressed by their fans here?
    That and sales, obviously!!
  • Well, I have a story that's a bit apropos for Halloween. Anybody remember the picture of the Spring where I swim? I guess a 12 foot alligator was down in the Spring vent where the water bubbles up. It attacked a swimmer, pulled him under and drown him...and at the other Spring where I swim, an alligator got a woman by the arm and rolled, twisting her arm off at the shoulder. She didn't die at least. Looks like I'll be using the pool from now on. Ffs, that shit be straight-up cray-

Hmm, I may take a break from kayaking too- (love the music edited with this)
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2015-10-29 15:39:14
    U R I E L
  • Both Mrs T and I have been feeling a bit shit on and off throughout the last 6 weeks or so. We seem to have the same core thing, just with a variation of some symptoms. Some type of virus that just will not go and just when you think you are passed it, it seems to come back. Apparantly ' there's a lot of it about' !
    Need a holiday. Somewhere warm.
  • Can I come UT? You've just described exactly how I've been feeling for the same amount of time. Just had a week of half term and it's been all work work work. Feeling pretty low at the moment. Haven't spent one happy day with Catherine this week either dos of her ridiculous workload. I shall head off to the woods now with the dogs as usual, on our own.
    Self pity must be one of the symptoms of this bloody virus.
  • We are off to Copenhagen for a few days at the start of December to celebrate my birthday but only for a couple of nights. Wanted to see the Tivoli gardens at Christmas. Goldfrapp will not be playing though, again!
    Have two weeks of at Yuletide though so looking forward to kicking back then.
  • I've been struggling with extreme breathlessness this year. It's been getting worse and I haven't even fallen in love.

The cardiologist says I have significant heart and lung problems and I must start on ACE inhibitors and Beta blockers to regulate my heartbeat.

I have the pills here, in front of me, but I keep putting off taking them. I feel like I will be poisoning myself.
    Post edited by whisperit at 2015-12-02 06:12:19

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!