Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The Gallery. Your art for our consumption.
  • 393 Comments sorted by
  • Jet fuel fumes do wonders for the skyscapes, huh, PoGu?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Tendrils of Spanish Moss and feathery Cypress-

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Post edited by Ponygurl at 2015-02-09 23:21:38
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Found an unused cork bulletin board, so I decided to paint on it. Actually, it's acrylics AND pastels. It came out as a cross between a Dove and a Phoenix (?) Anyway, I titled it- 'REMINDER'

U R I E L
  • Looks like your new avatar to me PG !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Thanks UT, it SHOULD be my new avatar! Has Lisa done any recent painting? I've been on a creative binge lately- it's been keeping me out of trouble. Well, kind of.
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2015-10-06 17:30:05
    U R I E L
  • Still on a dark path at the moment of skulls with the Nursery Rhymes Stripped Bare series.
    One of these, 4 & 20 Blackbirds, is currently on exhibition at First Site, which is a rather funky contemporary art space and gallery in Colchester, Britains oldest recorded town. The building itself is a work of art with a rather radical design by Urugyuan Architect called Rafael Vinöly.
    5 Little Pigs is currently being prepared but it is a slooow process.
    Link to the site
    http://www.artfund.org/what-to-see/museums-and-galleries/firstsite-colchester
  • The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
  • So, we went to see Lisa's painting on exhibition at the First Site gallery and obviously looked at the other paintings on exhibit.
    I came across this. The piece was called Alice, but I have renamed it ' Alison Wonderland '

• Good luck with the exhibition and best wishes from us 2 xx
  • It's only the one peice. It is the first art open that First Site has ever had and they got over 700 entries.
    It's a big gallery and to their credit, they have displayed them all, but most are Salon style hanging, that is painting are hung in several layers on each wall so, one bottom, one middle, one top. Lisa has been fortunate to be hung in a prime location where it is not hung that way, but in a single line of paintings, making it easier to view and appreciate.
    Here's a pic of it in place. It's easy to spot, landscape, landscape, landscape, portraight of child, SKULLS, landscape .....

• Mrs UT's Nursery Rhymes Stripped Bare series of paintings has just increased by one.
    Below is 'This Little Piggy'. Ah, Sweet !

• It's a 750 X 750mm oil painting on a traditional stretcher. I want her to do little red riding hood but I am meeting artistic resistance ! Mother Goose may be next.
  • @UT Although I would prefer the pig as a pet, rather than see its skull- it's a rather good composition. I just wonder what she may do with yours...maybe something like the 'Black Star' video from David Bowie?! All Be- jeweled and whatnot?
    :D
    U R I E L
  • Bejazzled? I think not.
    Did you notice the picture also has the appearance of a flower? That was deliberate, which is also why it has a green background instead of the normal black ( Payne's Grey actually). She's quite thorough. We photographed the skull in the 5 different positions with a consistent light source direction to ensure the shadows were correct.
    Other nursery rhyme suggestions are welcome. So far, she has One for Sorrow, The Owl & the Pussy Cat, 3 Badgers, 4 & 20 Blackbirds and This Little Piggy.
  • I noticed the black-star (payne's grey) in the center of it all. I wonder what Rorschach would say? Hahahahahaha...oh, I crack myself up. You say bejazzled, I say bejeweled...but what a pretty skull you would make.
    U R I E L

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!