Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
New Florence album arranged by Will
  • Not really news, but:

"The album was produced by Markus Dravs (Björk, Arcade Fire) and features arrangements from Goldfrapp's Will Gregory. " - Pitchfork
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2015-02-12 16:40:20
    Be patient.
  • 29 Comments sorted by
  • beat me to it! :) when i read it i got quite excited! :) 

watched the new video for "what kind of man" i dunno... i think it'll need a few more listens.
  • Same here! Sounds like three different songs squeezed into one to me ... not yet working too well together.
    But I like the new rather rock-ish approach and attitude. But it's still classic Florence.
    And looks like there's going to be a contemporary dance revival (thanks to Sia?).
    (Totally disappointed by the new Marina Diamonds album/sound, though. But that's another story.)

Anyhow, wonder if we can pick out Will's sound/work eventually.
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2015-02-12 17:35:38
    Be patient.
  • Hmmm I'm interested!
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Mmm, new Florence?! Gives me chills-
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2015-02-13 00:31:52
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • absolutely REGAL brass ....astounding.....
    Post edited by ping at 2015-02-14 03:02:31
  • I didn't even realise, I'll probably love it more now.

• ping said:

stunned silence? lol
  • The arrangements he did for this album are astounding. Goldfrapp really could use some of this in future albums.

• "strings saw dramatically, brass blares out, little bursts of woodwind
    scurry about, what appears to be a dulcimer and something that sounds
    like a celeste attempt to muscle in on the action"  guardian
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • LuDux said:

"strings saw dramatically, brass blares out, little bursts of woodwind

I make it a general rule not to take on board any music reviews or advice from those employed by the Guardian or those who comment underneath it. Nasty people with snarky attitudes. 
    Apologies if any here are Guardian frequenters, but I'm speaking from what I've seen.
    Post edited by Low at 2015-05-29 09:24:22

• Low said:

LuDux said:

I make it a general rule not to take on board any music reviews or advice from those employed by the Guardian or those who comment underneath it. Nasty people with snarky attitudes. 
    Apologies if any here are Guardian frequenters, but I'm speaking from what I've seen.

Why yes, some of commenters did use class card
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • LuDux said:

Low said:

LuDux said:

Why yes, some of commenters did use class card

Bit of a ignorant bullying atmosphere as well. I'm a bit disappointed in myself for looking at it to be honest.

• I'm a little annoyed at this, but its my own fault. so grrr.

i brought the 7" Limited Edition Vinyl Box Set. i kind of thought that the album in MP3 format would be thrown in there as a "cheers!" 

i've noticed that its usually standard thing these days. buy the physical copy of something and get the digital version for free. 

not in this case tho. i'll be dammned if i have to have to buy the album again just so i can listen to it on my phone/headphones.

• I'm a little annoyed at this, but its my own fault. so grrr.

i brought the 7" Limited Edition Vinyl Box Set. i kind of thought that the album in MP3 format would be thrown in there as a "cheers!" 

i've noticed that its usually standard thing these days. buy the physical copy of something and get the digital version for free. 

not in this case tho. i'll be dammned if i have to have to buy the album again just so i can listen to it on my phone/headphones.

One of the reasons I didn't go for that. It didn't mention it on the website, so I stayed clear and got the deluxe CD instead.
    I think, seeing as you paid more than enough for it, a little bit of off the radar downloading may be in order...?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!