Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
New Florence album arranged by Will
  • 29 Comments sorted by
  • A few months old- but just a little behind the scenes action- :x
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2015-06-15 20:59:06
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • think my favorite song is St Jude. love it.
  • for those wanting to purchase the 7inch box set of the album...

i got mine the other day, and tbf i don't think its all that special. there's metalic coloured dividers between each vinyl sleeve, of which have rubbed and there's smudges of it all over the white sleeves. i have skidmarks on my vinyl... lol

the book that comes with it is as wide as a 7inch which fits in the box that way but is about twice the size in length, so its just folded in on its self. so you have a book with a big crease in the middle...

considering i paid twice as much for the tales of us boxset you get the album on vinyl, cd, dvd and a special cd, signed lithograph as well as a gorgeous book... i kind of know i at least got my moneys worth with that one...
    Post edited by cookiee_munster at 2015-07-01 10:49:52
  • @Cookiee_munster "i got mine the other day, and tbf i don't think its all that special. there's metalic coloured dividers between each vinyl sleeve, of which have rubbed and there's smudges of it all over the white sleeves. i have skidmarks on my vinyl... lol"

Perhaps the box set should have been issued wrapped in toilet paper? I'm talking the fancy 4ply wipe your ass with a cloud kind- with Florence's autograph on each sheet. Of course when you actually run out of loo roll at home, it would be a tough decision. Should I wipe my ass with her autograph? Or should I sell it on Ebay? Hmmm.....
    U R I E L
  • Queen of Peace is my favourite track on the new album. You can feel Will's presence on it in the deep, groovy bass and strutting guitar riffs, not to mention the brass. Oh, that brass.

I hope Goldfrapp gets down a bit and makes another up-tempo album. The involvement on Flo's album tells me that they aren't afraid of going all groovy and dancy again! Thinking jungle beats, a fiery latin theme, perhaps tribal atmosphere with the Goldfrapp logo in blood red for the album cover. I still think Thea was an indication of the future - it was like Strict Machine dancing through a rain-sloshed jungle, plopping in deep puddles along the way and having a hell of a time.
  • Ponygurl said:

Of course when you actually run out of loo roll at home, it would be a tough decision.

I would suggest the phone book.  There's lots of them and they are hardly useful any longer.
  • Slippage said:

Queen of Peace is my favourite track on the new album. You can feel Will's presence on it in the deep, groovy bass and strutting guitar riffs, not to mention the brass. Oh, that brass.

I hope Goldfrapp gets down a bit and makes another up-tempo album. The involvement on Flo's album tells me that they aren't afraid of going all groovy and dancy again! Thinking jungle beats, a fiery latin theme, perhaps tribal atmosphere with the Goldfrapp logo in blood red for the album cover. I still think Thea was an indication of the future - it was like Strict Machine dancing through a rain-sloshed jungle, plopping in deep puddles along the way and having a hell of a time.

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. They need to fire it up for album 7 and blow us out of the water. ToU was lovely but it was almost burdened with having to sound the same the whole way through. A diverse and eclectic Goldfrapp album is what the world needs right now.
    Post edited by Low at 2015-07-02 11:52:00

• Perhaps TOU was a concept album, with its eponymous titles and structure it needed to be viewed/listened to as a whole. It was a phase in A& W's writing relationship that they will probably move on from, just as they wanted to go up tempo following Felt Mountain and the constrictions that album imposed.
    I am hoping for a well balanced album like Black Cherry, which is my favourite as I like the blend of faster and slower tracks that were missing from TOU. I like their music to have a dark undercurrent in it, which TOU did have, as did 7T in places but I found missing on SN and HF. My album pref would run:
    BC
    FM
    TOU
    7T
    SN
    HF
    I am hoping for that top end to get rearranged, not the bottom.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Perhaps TOU was a concept album, with its eponymous titles and structure it needed to be viewed/listened to as a whole. It was a phase in A& W's writing relationship that they will probably move on from, just as they wanted to go up tempo following Felt Mountain and the constrictions that album imposed.
    I am hoping for a well balanced album like Black Cherry, which is my favourite as I like the blend of faster and slower tracks that were missing from TOU. I like their music to have a dark undercurrent in it, which TOU did have, as did 7T in places but I found missing on SN and HF. My album pref would run:
    BC
    FM
    TOU
    7T
    SN
    HF

Put 7T up a place or two and I'm right there with you. I definitely appreciate that TOU and their whole idea of a concept album exists, but like you said, nothing beats a well balanced album.

• Low said:

Perhaps TOU was a concept album, with its eponymous titles and structure it needed to be viewed/listened to as a whole. It was a phase in A& W's writing relationship that they will probably move on from, just as they wanted to go up tempo following Felt Mountain and the constrictions that album imposed.
    BC
    FM
    TOU
    7T
    SN
    HF

Put 7T up a place or two and I'm right there with you. I definitely appreciate that TOU and their whole idea of a concept album exists, but like you said, nothing beats a well balanced album.

I second that! 7T is such a beautiful record, start to finish. Black Cherry has always been the one for me, closely followed by 7T.

I'm still in love with Will's work on How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful
    Post edited by MonsterLove at 2015-07-29 07:47:13
  • Low said:

Perhaps TOU was a concept album, with its eponymous titles and structure it needed to be viewed/listened to as a whole. It was a phase in A& W's writing relationship that they will probably move on from, just as they wanted to go up tempo following Felt Mountain and the constrictions that album imposed.
    BC
    FM
    TOU
    7T
    SN
    HF

I second that! 7T is such a beautiful record, start to finish. Black Cherry has always been the one for me, closely followed by 7T.

I'm still in love with Will's work on How Big, How Blue, How Beautiful

As am I. Seeing as they've only gone back into the studio to work on album seven, hopefully Will brings those big booming melodies into the next Goldfrapp album.

• Queen of Peace. Love it. 
  • Ahh, Florence...she's just sooo incredible- she can make anything sound good. :x I really wish Alison would do some covers. Do we have a topic of what we'd like to hear her cover? This site is too fucked to do a proper search-
    U R I E L
  • I'm a little annoyed at this, but its my own fault. so grrr.

i brought the 7" Limited Edition Vinyl Box Set. i kind of thought that the album in MP3 format would be thrown in there as a "cheers!" 

i've noticed that its usually standard thing these days. buy the physical copy of something and get the digital version for free. 

not in this case tho. i'll be dammned if i have to have to buy the album again just so i can listen to it on my phone/headphones.

so anyway, while listening away to the album i pulled out the booklet to look at the artwork, what happens to fall out but a little card with a download code for the album... so yes, it does come with the album. ooops!

i could have sworn it wasn't advertised on the website when i pre-ordered, and these days when you pre-order your given a code then usually via email for downloading on the day of release.

anyhow. its there, so my bad!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!