Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
'Three wise women' - Radio 6Music - 26 Dec 2014
  • 46 Comments sorted by
  • I love this ending with Kate Bush! Such an uplifting song too. Great, great show.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-12-26 13:00:51
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • A_is_A said:

What a great show so far and she sounds divine!! This woman singing now is wonderful and I've never heard her before singing in Portuguese. It's such a pleasure these things.

Was that the Astrud Gilberto track M?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • No it was before I think, caught the end, something about a barefoot diva... Hoping to catch the whole thing again on iplayer, or maybe someone recorded it. I missed the first 15/20 minutes because of a little chicken emergency. I started listening to it in the car, jumped in at Sabina's Sailors Daughter.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-12-27 00:36:25
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Now available on the iPlayer with a full track listing: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04vr1b9

A wonderful show. Just like the show back in June, it has that wonderful, dreamy, mood. I've got around 45% of those songs but will be getting more, starting with the Roberta Flack album.

I'm also loving hearing Alison doing the continuity announcements :)
  • A_is_A said:

No it was before I think, caught the end, something about a barefoot something... Hopping to catch the whole thing again on iplayer or maybe someone recorded it. I missed the first 15/20 minutes because of a little chicken emergency. I started listening to it I'm my car, jumped in at Sabina's sailors Daughter.

The artiste you are probably referring to is Cesária Évora, the barefoot diva.
  • Urban is right. I just looked at the playlist, It's Cesaria Evoria.
  • She is not an artiste I am aware of, so will do some digging. The other track I thought you were referring to was by Stan Getz and Joâo Gilberto. Getz was a saxophonist, Gilberto is a classical guitarist and singer. His (previous) wife, Astrud, was the female vocalist on 'The Girl From Ipanema'.
  • ^Yes it was Cesaria Evora. Thanks for the iplayer link Keith, just heard the show from the start, all the things I missed. So dreamy and romantic! What a treat.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-12-27 00:37:47
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Excellent! I finally listened to it properly with headphones- just beautiful, and yes..I love her French, oh la la.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Did anyone else fall in love with that Sailor's Daughter song? That was amazing IMO!
  • Ummm, yes. Actually A_is_A turned me onto Sabina. Mmmm, multi-lingual sexxxy.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • just catching up with this, i like her choices. they're always a nice mix of stuff thats familiar with a few new (to me) bits thrown in too. 
    ^ sabina is great i got her album over the summer, i think i heard it after alison had mentioned it somewhere else. 
  • Thanks for the links !!! Listening now, coffee in hand :-)
  • fifty fifty clown
  • I was thinking where I remember you from, stevil! :) Did you once tweet to Alison that Goldfrapp and Cocteau are your favorite bands? Anyways, my favorite track from Heaven or Las Vegas along with I Wear Your Ring. Was so happy to hear it last night. Though I agree with her, all their songs are beautiful, I would have a hard time choosing one myself. :)
    stevil said:

fifty fifty clown

Post edited by silverjet at 2014-12-27 18:12:28

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!