Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
'Three wise women' - Radio 6Music - 26 Dec 2014
  • Saw this on twitter:

This Christmas Three Wise Women take over BBC Radio 6 Music, bearing gifts to delight the listener. Across Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day, St Vincent, Neneh Cherry and Alison Goldfrapp will each curate several hours of programming.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014-6-music-christmas

Across Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day, the Three Wise Women will each be curating several hours of programming, which includes: presenting a two hour show (4-6pm) with music, chat and a Wise Gift track (a song they pick as their pearl of wisdom to share with listeners); choosing the network’s Album of the Day; looking through the 6 Music Archive to select their favourite First Time With (6-7pm) and Iggy Pop (7-9pm) shows from across the year; plus documentaries and choices for The Live Hour which will air overnight.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-11-27 15:12:27
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • 46 Comments sorted by
  • Yay!!! Excellent find M! I'll be listening!
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • oh cool!! Good tec work there A!! I player for me but so what.
  • A great post-Christmas present.
  • Right?! I love these things, it's like having them over at your house for a visit.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-11-24 22:00:35
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • can't wait!
  • Alison chatted to Mary Anne Hobbs on Monday - partly to promote her '3 Wise Women" radio show that'll be broadcast on Boxing day. Here is a link to the MAH show. Alison's bit starts at 2 hours 5 minutes 50 secs. She chats about going to India and plans for writing in the new year.

Currently, St Vincent is doing her slot. On til 6pm...
  • She made a rather funny little quip about being on the loo for Christmas. Not sure the presenter noticed but I thought it was hilarious. Anyway I'm trying to figure out what time I have to be up to catch Alisons part of the show here tomorrow. Is it on till 6pm UK time or does it start 6pm UK time??
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-12-25 10:34:25
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • M, it starts at 4 pm UK time (GMT)
  • Oh thank you! You all are 5 hours ahead of us so that would put the start time around 12 for me, not too bad at all!
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-12-25 12:44:38
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • What a great show so far and she sounds divine!! This woman singing now is wonderful and I've never heard her before singing in Portuguese. It's such a pleasure these things.
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-12-26 11:51:07
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Kind of hope someone's able to record this. Im currently listening to it. But at a price. So unfortunately I have to prize myself away and go be sociable with all the relatives I only get to see rarely.
  • THANK YOU! :)

Alison chatted to Mary Anne Hobbs on Monday - partly to promote her '3 Wise Women" radio show that'll be broadcast on Boxing day. Here is a link to the MAH show. Alison's bit starts at 2 hours 5 minutes 50 secs. She chats about going to India and plans for writing in the new year.

Post edited by silverjet at 2014-12-26 12:18:20
  • Kind of hope someone's able to record this. Im currently listening to it. But at a price. So unfortunately I have to prize myself away and go be sociable with all the relatives I only get to see rarely.

Yes please!! If there was ever one to record this would be it.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!