Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 622 Comments sorted by
  • Eliza Shaddad tonight at Ramsgate Music Hall = mesmerised.
  • Silver Apples at Corsica Studios, London. Can't wait to see and hear THE father of Electronica. Tonight.
    Post edited by st185cs at 2014-12-03 13:12:26
  • Chemical Brothers. Tonight in Manchester, Warehouse Project. My first live experience of the chem bros, albeit just a DJ set...
  • Just booked 4 tickets to see U2 at the O2 in October 2015. £100 each. No tickets. Purchaser has to turn up at the venue with guests ( my case 3 other people) I have to produce the credit card I booked them with and also photo I.D. to prove it is me on the credit card. All have to enter the venue and there is no re-admission so, once in, you cannot go out again and gain entry on the same ticket. Will be interested to see how this effects tout sales but gave already seen people 'advertising' tickets for £250.
    I was hoping I was just going to get tickets in my post box and I could choose if I wanted to download them !
    Let's hope Bono does not fall off his bike again in the meantime.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • In the Netherlands all tickets were sold within less than 30 mins....
  • In the Netherlands all tickets were sold within less than 30 mins....

How funny. I booked my tickets from the hotel restaurant in Amsterdam. I was all set up at 9.00am, having opened a window to Ticketmaster and signed into my account the previous evening. I refreshed it at 8.55 and waited. As soon as the sale opened I was in and 4 were mine. Mrs Appy61 sat beside me on her IPad and did not get a look in. As soon as mine were in the bag, she was getting sold out messages and was being redirected to the Getmein site.
    Love them or hate them, they do put on a good show and have a great back catalogue to call on.
  • Went to see the wonderful and extremely talented Liesa van der Aa in Antwerp last saturday.
    Amazing show!

http://www.liesavanderaa.be/site/woth.php
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Anna Calvi played St Johns Church Hackney on saturday 13 December 2014. For me a perfect end for my last gig of 2014. 
    Great orchestrated versions of her songs plus the EP and b-sides I never thought I would hear her play live. True extent of my love and affection for Anna see the AC thread on here 
    :x

Anyway, I have a Katzenjammer ticket purchased for me for January 2015 in London. It shall be an experience Im sure as I know nowt about them or their music so shall go into this open minded. 
  • Joan Armatrading at a very small venue in Clacton-on Sea this Friday. I have seen Joan before, back in the 80's so about 30 years ago. Love and Affection is a class piece of music and I often wonder how many kids have been conceived to it (as well as Carol King's Tapestry). Me, Myself, I is a track I frequently use when testing/auditioning new Hi-Fi kit due to its super tight drum and bass sound. Expecting to here both these again on Friday. #keepingitoldschool
  • First Aid Kit @ Usher Hall, Edinburgh on 19th.

Katzenjammer @ Sentrum Scene, Oslo on 24th.
  • Recent: Lykke Li @ Cirkus Stockholm, I videoed almost half the gig.

The Encore:

Upcoming:
    Susanne Sundför @ Kägelbanan Stockholm mars 20
    and Katzenjammer @ Paradiso Amsterdam mars 22!
    A bit hectic that will be.
  • Just thought I would report back. Joan Armatrading was fantastic. Seated venue; an old theatre with 600 people. Joan on her own, solo with just guitars and a piano. Some backing bits projected on a screen behind her for some, more complex songs, but generally the songs were stripped back to acoustic versions.
    I had forgotten just what an accomplished guitarist she is. Electric, acoustic, semi-acoustic, Rock, pop, jazz, funk, you name it, Joan can deliver it. We had a 5 minute bit in the middle with some pictures of her life and career in music and who she has worked with. Name them and they were probably there.
    A witty raconteur with a great relationship with the audience between songs and genuine affection from what seemed like many fans in the audience. It all ended with a thoroughly deserved standing ovation.
    A brilliant gig. You will be surprised just how many of her songs you will know. If you get a chance to see her on this tour, then do so. You won't regret it.
  • Just got in from seeing First Aid Kit at Symphony Hall in Birmingham. Really, really good set and well performed. A lot more uptempo live than maybe their albums would suggest and a couple of great covers of a Paul Simon song and a Jack White song who they have toured with??
    Vinyl version of Stay Gold and ANOTHER t-shirt purchased.
    Great lighting on stage, slightly subdued audience and a nice simple idea of one track they sang by coming right to the front of the stage with no microphones and showing how talented they are. :)
  • Right now. At the symphony. Richard Strauss' "Don Juan" and some operatic filler (as far as I'm concerned). Thank G-String the celli are on the correct side tonight! Report coming post coital.
    If I were dead, could I do this?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!