Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Royal Albert Hall - 18 Nov 2014
  • 497 Comments sorted by
  • I have just checked the camera M and charged the batteries, as have several others I would guess. We will see what we can do.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I must be even more frustrating for A_is_A with all these tickets available. Una has one, too.

There's a thing, Mark. Perhaps you and Una should collaborate. There may be a better chance of selling 2 tickets for adjacent seats on @twickets than it would be for 2 individual ones.
  • @A_is_A is this must be really painful to be reading about!!  I should know I have been in that position many a time before :(

Thank you for thinking of me @KeithJ_gmb but my tickets are not together as I bought them separately.

• I am SO tired today (should probably have not had that last pint of ale yesterday... never mind!) , but am being held awake through sheer excitement for tomorrow.  As I've mentioned to others I'll probably be at the Queen's Arms around 6pm.  I'm travelling from Reading (work) via Camden (bed - I need to drop off my work laptop so I can work from home the next day).  I can't leave work until 4 at the earliest, so will try and be as quick as possible and should make it there for 6ish.  Although this completely depends on the number 27 bus from Paddington (I hate it, it always makes me wait 20 minutes!).  

Anyway, sorry for all the waffling! I had a very weird dream last night, for which part of it involved me in fits of jealousy because my RAH seats were in a very strange place and I had to essentially look through a letter box type slot to see... and my view consisted only of you lot in the crowd, I couldn't even see the stage! I'm hoping this isn't a premonition! 

• Still have a pair of stalls M tkts going spare - will bring them to the Queens Arms if anybody wants them..........
  • Thanks for the sympathy you guys, it does suck to love a foreign band doesn't it. It's my own fault for not being independently wealthy. Maybe one day:)

Anyhoo, more important, HAVE AN EFFING GREAT TIME!!!!

And bring us back some pictures please, of the event, and stories about who got piss drunk at the meet up :D

LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Is the Queens Arms gathering an official one? :-) I should be in the area around 6PM possibly half 6. Early enough to grab a pint with some peeps. I missed out on the Hammersmith Apollo one as I didn't know anyone and couldn't get in touch with anyone...  :P I am travelling from Hillingdon area... Let me know, guys. Would be nice to say hello to some 'frapp followers ^_^

Oh and BTW:

B14 - 12

“The inexpressible depth of music, so easy to understand and yet so inexplicable, is due to the fact that it reproduces all the emotions of our innermost being, but entirely without reality and remote from its pain...Music expresses only the quintessence of life and of its events, never these themselves.”
    ― Oliver Sacks, Musicophilia: Tales of Music and the Brain
  • Anyone know what time Alison will hit the stage?
    Last time at the Albert Hall I glided smoothly from the bar, past the "no drinks beyond this point" sign, took my seat and as I took the first sip from my pint the band started up. Not a second wasted...
  • Doors: 7:00PM

Band: 7:45PM

or so the ticket states...
    “The inexpressible depth of music, so easy to understand and yet so inexplicable, is due to the fact that it reproduces all the emotions of our innermost being, but entirely without reality and remote from its pain...Music expresses only the quintessence of life and of its events, never these themselves.”
  • got a tweet back from rah the other day

the scheduled timings are: doors open 7pm, support 7.45pm, Goldfrapp 8.45pm, end 10.20pm
  • Thanks for that reminder of the times, Stuart_P.

Yes, DuhVeed - the Queen's Arms is still the place forum members are gonna aim for. One or two as early as 4:30pm but most between 5 & 6 I believe. I reckon quite a few will go in to see the support (Mara Carlyle).

Would be so good to have you here for this one, @A_is_A but understand very few can just jet over the pond! Am sure there will be plenty juicy details/pics on here, if that helps a bit!
  • How will I know who is who? :P Like, I don't want to randomly walk into a pub and ask people if they're from the forum...
  • ^ Haha. Here's a link to a photo album from the Frapp MIF gig in 2013... the 3rd and 5th pictures in particular have a lot of us in. The tags (hover over the face) are people's real names, but there is a forum/real names list on here... in the seating/accom thread. Hope that helps a bit!
  • We will all be wearing horses tails of course, or a casually slanted Kepi on our heads playing with Theramins!
    Or, you could look out for this on a black jacket lapel...

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • well, im youngish and bald. easy to spot. gimme a shout if you happen to see at the pub. ;-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!