Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Royal Albert Hall - 18 Nov 2014
  • 497 Comments sorted by
  • Re accommodation for RAH have a butchers at Airbnb, has all kinds of weird & wonderful places to stay.
  • has anyone received their tickets yet?
  • has anyone received their tickets yet?

According to the gigs and tours website, 0% of tickets have been distributed so far so Don't Panic !
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-10-20 13:32:08
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Depending who you booked through tickets probably won't be sent until couple of weeks before the gig. Nobody would have had them yet.
  • Just so long as I don't get mine the day before the show - as was the case with the Greenwich gig. Boy, was I ever relieved when the courier showed up! That kind of stress I can well do without, thank you very much.
  • Have added where people are staying... to the seating-plan thread, which is here.

It seems that Caro is to stay in the house of Pet.
  • Well....we have been hanging on in there, wondering if the timing would fall right and we can go to the RAH gig (and believe me we want to), but, wouldn't you know it, as we suspected our house purchase completes on the 10th Nov, which means we have to move in the following weekend. There is no way round it, cos with us both being teachers, we are entitled to 1 day off work to do it (the Friday). 
    So, with  2 very heavy hearts we have to say a huge sad thank you to UT (Ill send you a private msg UT). On the bright side, we will be having an immensely important, stressful but happy day, finally moving into a home that's big enough for the pair of us and all our critters. I shall unpack the Mac (2nd only to the kettle and Hobnobs) and get the removals men boogying on to Frapp as we unload. 
    We will be there with you in spirit, and as we collapse into the sofa that Friday eve with a bottle of bubbly we will be thinking of you all and raising a glass (or 3) to the end of the Tales Of Us tour. Cheers everyone! It was a fab year!
  • KatRobin said:

Well....we have been hanging on in there, wondering if the timing would fall right and we can go to the RAH gig (and believe me we want to), but, wouldn't you know it, as we suspected our house purchase completes on the 10th Nov, which means we have to move in the following weekend. There is no way round it, cos with us both being teachers, we are entitled to 1 day off work to do it (the Friday). 

So, with  2 very heavy hearts we have to say a huge sad thank you to UT (Ill send you a private msg UT). On the bright side, we will be having an immensely important, stressful but happy day, finally moving into a home that's big enough for the pair of us and all our critters. I shall unpack the Mac (2nd only to the kettle and Hobnobs) and get the removals men boogying on to Frapp as we unload. 
    We will be there with you in spirit, and as we collapse into the sofa that Friday eve with a bottle of bubbly we will be thinking of you all and raising a glass (or 3) to the end of the Tales Of Us tour. Cheers everyone! It was a fab year!

Hi @KatRobin
    So sorry you are not able to make the party. It would have been a blast. Mrs T and I and the Appy's wish you and Cath well with the move and hope that the sacrifice will be worth it. Who knows, we may finally get that DVD, or, for Pet's collection, a Blu Ray (yeah, right).
    Will certainly give you the low down of the day and the gig with some photos hopefully. I do plan to sneak some more video if I can with our chosen gig camera of preference, particularly of tracks like Laurel which appear live as often as rocking horse s**t. If it helps, I have had an approach about the tickets but was resolute that these were yours if you could make it. You may have made a couple of others v happy !
    Will be looking for an opportunity for a trip to the old country at some time.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-10-26 13:55:51
  • Yay! You'll be very welcome. Any Frapp fan is a friend of mine (as long as they're not mad axe murderers etc etc heh heh). I realised after Id posted that Id got the date of the gig wrong, but it doesn't make any difference. At the moment I don't know my **** from my elbow!! 
    Good luck to you all going. Im sooooo 
    :-& That's jealous, not ill!!
  • Received my first ticket today from Stargreen. Well, actually it was the second ticket I ordered. The first was direct from the RAH via the 'fan pre-sale' - which has yet to put in an appearance. As it was a decidedly disappointing stalls seat I tried again when the 'general sale' started and got an arena seat from Stargreen. Not completely sure now which will be the better view. I presume it'll be the arena one - in spite of it being on the 13th row. If it was up to me (which of course it isn't) the arena would have been standing rather than seated - as has been the case with virtually every pop concert (Banshees, Weller, etc.) I've seen at this prestigious venue. Anyway, no matter where I "pop my bot on the spot" I know it will be an extraordinary show. Can't wait. 
  • Anyone else had their tickets yet?
    Post edited by Howiet1971 at 2014-11-02 13:58:24
    "The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men." - Leonardo da Vinci

FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/howard.trigg
    INSTAGRAM - https://www.instagram.com/howiet1971/
  • none here. ordered in the gigsntours presale
  • Anyone else had their tickets yet?

None here either :( Mine were pre-sale ones as well
  • Mine came from Ticketmaster 2 weeks ago
  • Gigs and tours presale tickets are still saying 0% delivered but it has changed to now say that tickets are being printed and will be delivered soon.
    No pressure !

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!