Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4410 Comments sorted by
  • iamaiwhothebloodythoughtthisnamewasagoodideaami - Blue :-)
  • Client - Authority - Refuge
    Post edited by LuDux at 2014-11-03 17:36:04
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Got one of my bloody migraines coming on so I'm snuggled up in bed and about to listen to Beethoven with binaural beats at an extremely low volume, swig some pills and hope to nod off. It's the full moon. And a woman thing.
    Woe is me. Night night.
  • Forever by GF - forgotten what herselfs vocals did to the hairs on the back of mi neck. Just what you need on the train home whilst prating about with a work spreadsheet. And now Strict Machine (We Are Glitter Mix) or as we affectionately know it the 'Fat Les Mix'
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Cat Power - I Don't Blame You
  • SCSI-9 - Easy As Down - Nothing will change it
  • Hey Now - London Grammar
  • New Röyksopp

Amazeballs
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • The Acid - Veda

The whole album - Liminal - is spectacular
  • Deer Stop. @6.30am 'nough said
  • The iPod shuffle is treating me well this morning. Thea (Air Studio's) and now Paper Bag.
  • The wonderful new Paul Hartnoll track "8:58" - it's a belting track with all the magic of both Orbital brothers, only from just one of them. Has the classic intriguing start, uplifting middle and dark twist that my faves like "Dwr Budr" had.

Yes, part way through there's a character with a certain look very similar to a certain Orbital "Auntie" from years gone by.

Everybody subliminally goes back to Alison at some point! ;o)
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2014-11-11 14:03:21
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Planetary Assault Systems - The Messenger - Human Like Us
  • Dreeke said:

New Röyksopp

Amazeballs

As usual with Royksopp I need a few headphone listens first before i get into it. The layers are so dense you need to concetrate to get to the song which means it takes a bit of time but is more fulfilling long term. So many little homage sounds (blade runner synth florishes, JM Jarre esque melodies).

Thing is, ironically, for me they have been getting worse at the track order and making an nice rounded album with tracks that work together). Do it Again was perfectly put together.

For me it starts brilliantly with the first 3 tracks but to go into You know I have to go straight after Sordid affair doesn't work, it just winds the atmosphere down to much. You know I have to go is such a great album closer, church hymn keyboard line and the lyric 'You know I have to go, there's nothing more to say, you're better off alone, it's gotta be this way'. Should have been at end before Thank you. Skulls and Thank you are really nice as book ends though.

Thing that robably perplexes most fans will be why they didn't put Something in my Heart on the main album (espcially as they put Monument re work on). It's Jamie's best track. It would have still been a break in pace before Save Me but not slow enough for you to lose the rhythm of the album.

So I would have put Something in my Heart as track 4 and taken out Coup de Grace and Compulsion (put these on extra CD) and replaced with You know I have to go.

Sounds fussy but so much better flow to it.

Love the album, it just misses an edgy vocal like Karin. Jamie is nice but he has a similar vocal style through every song.

Post edited by tattmaylor at 2014-11-14 04:59:42

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!