Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4410 Comments sorted by
  • Royal Blood - Figure it out

Discovered this band by chance. It'd been a while since I didn't listened to proper alternative rock. 
  • I have a new guy who has been seconded to my team.  He is an ICT engineer.  Away from work, he is a registered Apple repairer and he has had a couple of famous customers; Howard Jones and Thomas Dolby and has repaired some of their computer gear.
    I've sorted some work issues for him since he came to the team and he gave me this today as a gift when he found out I collected records.  A signed promo only 12" vinyl copy of Europa and the Pirate Twins by Thomas Dolby. Thanks Keith !

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • First Aid Kit's Stay Gold album. So excited to be seeing them in the New Year :)
  • Villagers
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Time to start finalising my xmas Cd tracklistings. Good year again. 

I always worry in May time that the good mew music will dry up but by October I'm always proved wrong. :-)

Royksopp and a few other to coma as well.

• Great double a-side from these 2 cool ladies.

• Kettel - Myam James 2 - Song From 4pm Herring
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Tove Styrke
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • I was watching TV and the new Citreon ad came on with a soundtrack and a female vocal a bit reminiscent of Florence Welch.  A Shazam later and it turns out to be White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane with a vocal by Grace Slick.  I found this wonderful video on line made by a guy to pass an exam. The lyrics are inspired by Alice in Wonderland so the video uses footage from the Disney film as the visuals behind the song.  A brilliant example of the video editors art.
    Enjoy both song and film. Dedicated to anyone over 48.

• Here's another version, the 'official' video ( from 1966 - right).
    Some nice nostalgic footage though and confirming that the track comes from the album 'Surrealistic Pillow' 
    Groovy man.
    Follow the white rabbit and let's see how deep this rabbit hole goes but don't eat the mushrooms !
    I wonder what Mistress Alison would do with this track as a cover?

• Army of Me (feat Skunk Anansie) Bjork.
    This rather extreme version is from the film Sucker Punch.  As the wording say's; as it was meant to be.
    Never argue with a girl carrying a sword !

• Killing for Love- Jose Gonzalez
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2014-10-28 16:14:34
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • We are about to get a vinyl package release of all of Blondie's studio albums on 180 g in a box set.
    Maybe something @Iuventus would like to find in his Christmas stocking?

Also, just taken delivery of a nice, shiny Led Zeppelin IV/ 4 Sticks/4 Symbols call it what you will.  I haven't even unwrapped it out of its plastic yet ! !
    That's Led Zep I, II, III & IV in the collection all as heavyweight 180 gram reissues.  You in for this one Carpy?
  • Taylor Swift and Imogen Heap - Clean (very Frou Frou but with a US pop princess singing)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!