Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Royal Albert Hall - 18 Nov 2014
  • 497 Comments sorted by
  • who did you order with?
  • KatRobin said:

I need a big hug from my Frappy friends, esp you UT....I'm so sad we aren't going to the gig, and ( can you imagine our pain) even more so now, cos the @;£&?/: solicitors have moved the completion date back on our house move which means ( you guessed it) that we bloody well could've come after all. I'd be thrown off the board if I really let rip with the colourful language I d like to use right now...
    Want to sob, scream, stamp, chuck chairs, make vicious phone calls etc.....but that's SO not me...so looks like I'll take another swig of my whisky and mope. Can't believe it. If we are moved by Crimbo it'll be a bloody miracle at this rate. Cath's dad has taken v I'll too.....life is a BIATCH.
    Enjoy the show y' all YOU HEAR!!!! And you Alison if you're reading!!!! Sob sob....

I did warn you about trusting Solicitors/Estate Agents.  They are generally evil cdeleted s.
    I feel for you KR.  Unfortunatley, I passed my spare tickets onto friends of Appy61.  Have you contacted NovaLasing to see if he still has the ones he had spare (posting on page 22)?
    Keep watching the board.  I noticed in the run up to Greenwich that some people or friends they were taking began to drop out of going so I am sure if anyone spots any spare, they will let you know.
    Life is indeed a bitch; and then you die. And on that happy note.....:-*
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • HeHe. Tics in hand (block A, Row 9, 14-15) and can't wait.

Coming straight from work so probably miss getting to the pub in time so might there be a post gig drinkies/meet-up?....

Also IF ANYONE NEEDS A TICKET - I HAVE A SPARE GOING BEGGING IN STALLS O, ROW 7, SEAT 135....

- do let's know on 07989 973985
  • Planning to make the Queens Arms before the gig but have to leave immediately afterwards.

If anyone one wants last minute tickets I have a pair going in Stalls M.
    Post edited by NovaLasing at 2014-11-13 16:22:06
  • Planning to make the Queens Arms before the gig but have to leave immediately afterwards.

If anyone one wants last minute tickets I have a pair going in Stalls M.

@NovaLasing. @KatRobin you two should talk !
    Hope you can join the happy Frappy gang again Kat. I said something would turn up!
  • UT and Appy......I thank you for your empathy. Things are worse than I explained tho, so here's the full picture....
    Everything was going smoothly with our house sale and purchase and we are third in a chain. The woman at the top of the chain, whose mum is going into a nursing home and so NEEDS to sell her mums house, has buggered the rest of us about, making totally unreasonable demands re completion dates. This Monday she made a threat to pull out if a certain date wasn't met....so my solicitor, who has been brilliant, did everything in her power to pull it off....I took time out of work tues pm to race to the bank to make my transfer of funds.....then the bloody woman, on Tuesday am, changed her tune and demanded a date eight days later, again threatening to pull out if her little tantrum wasn't accomodated. Even my estate agent came round to my house at 7 am one am to collect our papers to help! ( some estate agents and solicitors clearly are great). Today is THE DAY I finally get either a date, any f...ing date will do....or I find out it all has fallen through.
    On top of all that...Cath s dad has had a heart attack so she's racing down to Wiltshire this weekend. We are in a bit of a state.
    So a chance to get to the RAH would be the ultimate tonic I know...it just can't be done, and we are both heartbroken and baying for this bloody woman's blood as you can imagine.
    If anyone can spare a signed programme I'd be eternally grateful ( lol....like that's gonna happen!).
    As I said before, I do value the Frappy friendships I've made here, albeit they are online. I treat people the way I like to be treated, so if you're nice to me you'll always be welcome " round mine".... ( let's hope that's a new goddamn address soon!).
    On a consolation note, I keep blasting Head First to cheer myself up. I even showed the video Rocket in a maths lesson this week!! ( i wangled a reason ha ha).
    Sadly, but with acceptance, que sera etc. have a beverage at the gig for us, keep your fingers crossed for our news today, and I'll keep you posted!
  • Hey folks. Im typing this on my phone. I knew if I did thos when I get home I'll forget again.

Would it be possible for soneone who's going to the RAH gig be able to purchase me one of those lovely programmes? Im afraid I can't make it. But I'd love a little bit of memorabilia like that.

Anyone interested I can send you payment via paypal before the gig oh and also to cover postage costs.

Anyone able to. Could you shoot me a PM on here pls?

Cheeeeeeers!

X
  • Very sorry to hear of your problems, KatRobin, and inability to get to the gig. :-(

CM, afraid I'm one of those who's not into merch (strange, I know!) - so I'll most likely be in the pub until just before the support - Mara - goes on stage... and hence not likely to be able to purchase programme(s). Hopefully someone else will offer.
  • I reckon it's going to be a bit of a free for all with the programme malarkey we'll need to see what the collective can achieve - a few are asking. Alison to put some aside for us lot - pah not likely!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Still no tickets! To say I am fucked off would be an understatement :((

Deep breath. Hope theyll show by monday if recently dispatched. Is it a private courier they r slower with letters than royal mail its how they undercut them. If u hav a dispatch ref # maybe u can chase em up. Either way the booking agent can put some on the door for u if they dont show up. It's just the persuading them they want to do so that is the trickey bit
    :-((
  • KatRobin said:

UT and Appy......I thank you for your empathy. we are both heartbroken and baying for this bloody woman's blood as you can imagine.

If you have an address, we can send a mechanic.
  • A bit of wet work needed?
  • Indeed. Given your workplace, you must have a suitable contractor?
  • That would be a different sort of board
  • I've added a list of Forum/RealLife names to the Seating & accom thread.

Sometimes useful to know an actual name eg when shouting across a pub, to confirm someone's order. "A pint of bitter, Trembling Star?" might raise a few eyebrows.

There were a few I wasn't sure of. Just let me know if you'd like yours added... or indeed removed.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2014-11-14 20:34:01

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!