Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Royal Albert Hall - 18 Nov 2014
  • 497 Comments sorted by
  • ^ OK, Carpy, we'll try! :-) Shame the date wasn't better suited for you...

It doesn't feel so bad as I know (and will fondly remember) being there at the very start of this live era so I'll cling on to that while you lot are seeing out (potentially) the very end! :D
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

• Sally - how come you won't know a seat number til the night?

... lets just say it's a similar reason to why you didn't know where you were sitting until you got to Hammersmith when we last saw Goldfrapp there in '13. :) 

Insider dealing? That's how you knew about the gig in advance. Lucky you !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I wasnt going to be able to go to this when announced, but circumstances have changed and I have just booked a ticket in the stalls, block J I think it is, cannot figure it out, but I will be there afterall!

• Ah, I see. You will surely get a good seat then!

Hahah I highly doubt it, I'll probably end up standing around the gallery or something, but I'm more than ok with that.  I've been rather spoilt and have seen the Tales of Us gigs more times than I think I can count, so am viewing this one as a bit of a goodbye for now and a chance to catch up with you lovely lot. Can't wait! 
  • Does anybody know reasonably priced hotel/accommodation in the RAH vicinity as I will have to stay the night. If too expensive I wont be going :(
    Post edited by Hells_Bells at 2014-10-13 17:58:49
  • I've hopefully had some good news on tickets. The 4 extra I had; Appy has a friend at work who is interested in two of them, face value, as promised, and the other two I have offered to give to a friend. I hope they accept !
    Not that I have received any of them at the moment (:|
  • Does anybody know reasonably priced hotel/accommodation in the RAH vicinity as I will have to stay the night. If too expensive I wont be going :(

There are quite a few on last minute/hotel direct etc.  Anywhere in central/west london is pretty easy to get to from the RAH so I wouldn't limit yourself to the nearby vicinity (It's a very expensive part of london, so cheap hotels are few and far between - and you probably wouldn't want to stay in the ones you do find!) 

I'd keep an eye out on last minute for the secret hotels (I think other websites do these too), they always have loads in London because they're big chain hotels, and I've never had a bad experience in doing that. 

There are quite a few on last minute/hotel direct etc.  Anywhere in central/west london is pretty easy to get to from the RAH so I wouldn't limit yourself to the nearby vicinity (It's a very expensive part of london, so cheap hotels are few and far between - and you probably wouldn't want to stay in the ones you do find!) 

I'd keep an eye out on last minute for the secret hotels (I think other websites do these too), they always have loads in London because they're big chain hotels, and I've never had a bad experience in doing that. 

Excellent thanks. Ive had a quick look on Last Minute and searched hotels near RAH and its given me a rough idea of prices etc. Maybe still a bit pricey for me hey ho, if I want to go to the Frapp one must expect these things :)
  • Dreeke & Marlou found this place: http://1lexhamgardens.com/index.php

Astoundingly cheap for central London so I've booked a room there too.

When I was in London for the Kate Bush I went by the place. A 5 minute walk from Earls Court tube station, it's a mile or so from the RAH - I did the walk!

It's close to a busy road but that's the case with so many hotels in the capital, it seems.
  • Helen, hope you get something both decent and affordable :-) It's so worth doing a stop-over so's you can hang out with the other gig-goers after the show.

Here is a reminder of that thread on Facebook where we were discussing it, back in August. @ping, did you get something sorted?

When I know a few more places-wot-people-are-staying-at, I'll put a list in the RAH seating thread.
  • Dreeke & Marlou found this place: http://1lexhamgardens.com/index.php

Astoundingly cheap for central London so I've booked a room there too.

When I was in London for the Kate Bush I went by the place. A 5 minute walk from Earls Court tube station, it's a mile or so from the RAH - I did the walk!

It's close to a busy road but that's the case with so many hotels in the capital, it seems.

Ooh that looks a pant wettingly beautiful place. I think I shall have to save the pennies and fingers crossed I can stay there. Looks like there are single rooms available still but will make a decision over night and try and book tomorrow :)
  • Got a big bag of fruit salads with your name on it HB !
  • Hells, the Sara hotel is cheap too (for a London hotel, that is). You can Google it. It is right next to Earl's Court. But expect to get what you pay for - no luxury included!
    Post edited by Jeronimooo at 2014-10-16 01:17:01
  • Have added where people are staying... to the seating-plan thread, which is here.
  • Hi guys

Thanks for adding me to the seating plan.  We are staying at The Queens Gate Hotel

Just got back from holiday so its nice to have something to look forward too!

:)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!