Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 622 Comments sorted by
  • ^
    And maybe a special guest or two??
  • ^ wouldn't that be a nice bonus .. although I fear the special guest I'd most like to hear is busy that night elsewhere. dammit.

• First Aid Kit booked for Birmingham in January 2015 :)
  • Just had a lovely evening in Milton Keynes at Cleo Lanes back garden/venue seeing Ren Harvieu. I'm happy as she signed her set list and ticket for me. Had my picture taken with her too. Soooo tiny bless her and very strong Manc accent.
  • Lykke Li coming up this Thursday- Can't wait!
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Off to see Tom Vek at Koko next wednesday (15th) and then Manon at the Royal Opera House on the Thursday (16th)... bit different to one another. 
  • Nicole Atkins next monday
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Anna Calvi - 13 December at St Johns Hackney     :x

Public Service Broadcasting - 27 February 2015 at the National Space Centre in Leicester 
    L-)
  • Lykke Li was fantastic. Her opening act Mapei was a no show. She made up for it though- the highlights were a Fleetwood Mac cover of "Silver Springs" and a pumped up version of "Get Some."

Oh I forgot to add she rapped and then did Springsteen's "I'm on fire." Also I wish I could have humped all the hot girls that were surrounding me on the floor- wait, I mean "dance with."
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2014-10-10 03:26:37
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Caro Emerald tonight at the O2
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Here we go another gig where people won't shut up - no respect. They should have gone to the pub and put the juke box on. Even support acts deserve attention!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • I have to say, Caro was very good, as was her support, Kris Berry. Caro's band are very tight but I was left wondering what the guy on the decks scratching brought to what were a group of very accomplished musicians.
    She filled the O2. Interesting if you compre to Goldfrapp. It will be interesting to see how full the RAH is.
    And she had much better merchandising. She had some merchandising to start with ! !
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-10-18 05:52:46
  • Funny to read these being Dutch. Caro is one of the main selling artists over here at the moment.
    We're actually getting a bit bored of her music over here. I'm not a hater, but I hope she will try something new on her next album.
    Love the fact she brought Kris along for this show.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Dreeke said:

Funny to read these being Dutch. Caro is one of the main selling artists over here at the moment.
    We're actually getting a bit bored of her music over here. I'm not a hater, but I hope she will try something new on her next album.
    Love the fact she brought Kris along for this show.

Kris was very good. Didn't know she was Dutch (Curaçao) until she had finished and I liked her stuff.
    Back to Caro. It would seem Caro has a very slick management company; which she is in a triumvirate with two others called Grand Mono, and this company is responsible for pushing her forward. She has come a long way in a few years, leading up to last nights show at the O2. She was genuinely overwhelmed by being at the O2; 'by far the biggest room I have played' as she put it, and she took a photo on her phone of the audience and posted it from the stage on her Twitter account which appeared on phones in the crowd, including Appy's, within a few seconds.
    Grand Mono - Fascination Management. Who would you want in your corner ?
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-10-18 18:59:46
  • Later tonight (Sat 25th) - going to see St Vincent at the Roundhouse, London. Great pic from tonight's Brum gig:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!