Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • This thread I shall dedicate to those dark secrets and guilty pleasures you know you want to share ( but were afraid to do so!). Go on, you know you want to.... >:)
    Well I'm going to admit to something deeply shameful....I've just scoffed 2 rounds of toast with lime marmalade and a sprinkling of chocolate Weetos breakfast cereal on top. I feel the need to repent ( but I know you're thinking...hmmm...might try that..!). Go for it, yum yum.
    I may share something far more wicked....once I get to know you better ( sniggers). ;)
  • 32 Comments sorted by
  • Watching others repent.
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2014-09-18 06:59:38
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • You lot must be so angelic, sheesh. O:-) /:) Another thread winds up on the spool of indifference!
  • Ok Kat...I'll give you one of mine for realsies. There's a place to get "chair" massages close to me. I always look for this one particular woman that gives them. Her name is Mya and she's so damn sexy. Well anyway she gets really rough with me..like she pushes down on the back of head with one hand, while she uses the other on my shoulders. Last time I saw her she literally put her knee into my glutes (top of my ass area) and was rocking into me! I honestly thought to myself, "I hope no one is watching this." She manhandles me and it's crazy good! I wanted to ask her to marry me afterwards...but that woulda been weird.

Ok, somebody else go-
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • You really want to open up the gates to people's darkest secrets KatRobin? When Billy Ray's finished with Mylie, he's on his way round to you.
    I will have to have a think and vet some things before possibly sharing.
    Can we spread it out to include obsessions? For about 22 years now, Mrs Appy and I ( we work for the same employer) have been having lunch together every Friday, and this will always be a baked jacket potato with cheese (if available). We will generally frequent the same place if we can and over that 22 years, we have seen off about 8 different purveyors of jacket potatoes as town centre outlets have changed and companies have gone out of business. We currently frequent a nice quiet out of town garden centre. It has become a sort of ritual of leading into the week-end for us.
    I am thinking of starting a religion based on this basic tenant. I think I will call it Spudarian, and anyone who wants to belong will have to undertake this ritual every Friday.
    Religions have been based on a lot more stupid notions!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • ABBA. Now that's a guilty pleasure. I occasionally like a bit of Swedish Rock/Pop in my life. ( My IPod's all over the place. Sabbath and Abba make strange bedfellows !)
    Karen Carpenter. The music she made with her brother was, generally, pants but watch her technique when she sings. She had a wonderful voice and it was effortless. In read an article about her once and it was said that she just opened her mouth and this beautiful voice just appeared out if nowhere, like a gift from the Gods.
    I often wonder what she would have been like if she had been allowed to sing stuff that was not so MOR. (And hadn't died so young). I feel there is a little taste of this in the song 'Superstar'. The verses are chilling to listen to. Her vocal is so precise and her range both rich and deep for such a little thing. Then we get to the chorus and it all goes a bit Pete Tong ( a bit Herb Alpert more like) which was the problem generally. The were performing to a family market, not to see what her voice was capable off.
  • Why should one feel guilty about eating potatoes (or for listening to ABBA for that matter)? Perhaps it's just the Irish in me, but I don't believe that one could eat too many spuds.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Sometimes I start to feel bad about sleeping as much as I do, but then I just tell normalcy to fuck right off back to the Holy Roman Empire.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I think that maybe I'm a little too old to feel guilty about any of my pleasures.  I have some pleasures, I suppose, that would make other people feel guilty -- including my owning a complete run of a magazine called Strictly Uniforms.
  • Nah UT, having a spud addiction and loving ABBA are hardly deep, dark and guilty ( tho they do show your roots from the Fens too!). But then neither was my first confession....
    That Ponygurl tho...she knows how to share!!! :\">
  • I'll raise you to Dusty Springfield. "I Close my eyes and count to 10" is a song I absolutely adore and I want it played at my funeral, along with "The great gig in the sky" by Pink Floyd.
    A bit morbid but something personal but not really guilty. I want a Goldfrapp song as well but have yet to decide which one.

"And I am not frightened of dying. Any time will do, I don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it – we've all got to go sometime".

Gerry O'Driscoll, Abbey Road Studios janitorial "browncoat" giving one of the voiceovers on Dark Side of the Moon.

Shall we start a new thread - Funeral songs? Too dark for you?
  • KatRobin said:

Nah UT, having a spud addiction and loving ABBA are hardly deep, dark and guilty ( tho they do show your roots from the Fens too!). But then neither was my first confession....
    That Ponygurl tho...she knows how to share!!! :\">

She didn't say, but do you think the deep massage led to a...pleasurable 'private' moment??
  • I had to go back and listen to Karen.  I had forgotten just how amazing her voice is.  Just takes your breath away.
  • Who knows UT...! She needs to post the sequel methinks..
    Hmm funeral music... Not sure it's a guilty pleasure, but interesting...
    I've already confessed in a previous thread to occasionally doing housework in the noddy. Another confession then - Cath and I spent a v silly and nostalgic five mins the other night singing along to John Denver - Grandmas Feather Bed, she knew all the words and I don't. That's as racy as it gets in our house on some nights of the week!
  • John Denver is a guilty pleasure.
    I have another one though....I have a thing about certain female newsreaders....In order of ranking! 1) Fiona Bruce 2) Cathy from Ch 4 news 3) jane Hill.
    Something about intelligent women, purrrr....
  • Just realised....my number one GP is waffling on this board at 7.15 when yikes!! I need to get off to work!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!