Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4410 Comments sorted by
  • On a first excited listen I was massively underwhelmed. Later I realised I was thinking about it and wanted another listen. Now, about a week later, I'm utterly obsessed with it and it's easily in my top list for the year.....

For me it's the perfect child of Carl Craig's "More Songs About Food And Revolutionary Art", System 7's "Point 3" era and Orbital around the "Times Fly" EP which has surprised me as much as it has pleased me considering my starting point with it.

It's even more surprising it was it was recorded semi-live in three days in the desert by two people with a modular synth and a sequencer each with no laptops or computers at all.

What is it?

convinced by your wise words, and not to mention the brilliant clip you posted, i was convinced and brought a copy. just about to listen to it :)
  • It may take a couple of listens - be warned. It's a gorgeous build up through the first two tracks but very subtle as a start. At first it was just the 'big tunes' like Tangents that grabbed me but now I love all of it equally. It pings and clonks in all the right places!

Report back after a few spins....

(NB "Casiopea" is magical when looking up at the stars!)
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2014-09-14 15:01:25
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • fairlight programming *goink*

• Almost too perfect.........

• A live recording of Koko by a certain band
  • The Priscillas -- Brain Surgeon
  • I was writing something at work yesterday and decided I needed to blot out the rest of the office yadda, so
    I plugged up and listened to The Kick Inside and Lionheart all the way through for the first time for about 30 years. Lionheart was better than I remember, The Kick Inside as good as I remembered.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • The amazing Simon Mills (Napoleon). He's releasing a 4 track EP a month :-o. LIstening to EP 8 and first track in is first i'm not fussed about. Not band first in 20 tracks!!

You'd think the quality would go down but although it's all still very 'Simon Mills' the quality is still great. Any Bent fans will not be dissapointed!

The best so far was from EP 2. This track is a thing of beauty, also special as eth EP is inspired by Silent Running.

https://napoleon-tunes.bandcamp.com/track/ecstacy-2
  • Earlier today Transformer by Lou Reed; particularly Satellite of Love with some great backing vocals by David a Bowie and Mick Ronson.

Tonight. Gary Clark Jnr - Blak and Blu.
  • Neurosis - The Eye Of Every Storm - Bridges
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • I'm getting almost lunatic about Bat For Lashes' Two Suns album. IT'S A MASTERPIECE!!!
  • Seems my year is all about nostalgia.

This week it is a Japan a thon.

In Vouge, Gentlemen take Polaroids, Tin Drum and Oil on Canvas (although after latter I kind of have to watch Youtube).

Which is your fav folks?
  • Gary Clark Jnr - Bright Lights
    Proper rhythm and blues

• Some Flamenco guitar
    Turquoise - Babe Ruth

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!