Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The "Clay" Appreciation Thread
  • 212 Comments sorted by
  • OhMuseYou said:

I'm very disappointed to hear there are no mere presence of moogs or synths. It's beginning to sound conventional again, albeit lovely.

That's the funny thing about us lot on here - one person's disappointment is anothers Happiness. See what I did there?

I'm massively into strings at the moment and am getting my synth fix from a number of other latest releases so this incarnation of the dynamic duo fills me with a lot of excitement.

It's exactly what I wanted from them just at the perfect time.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • OhMuseYou said:

I'm very disappointed to hear there are no mere presence of moogs or synths. It's beginning to sound conventional again, albeit lovely.

That's the funny thing about us lot on here - one person's disappointment is anothers Happiness. See what I did there?

I'm massively into strings at the moment and am getting my synth fix from a number of other latest releases so this incarnation of the dynamic duo fills me with a lot of excitement.

I'm on your boat Carpy. I still feel like it's almost too good to be true!

• OhMuseYou said:

i concur 
  • I don't mind strings. From what I heard (again this morning before work) it sounds lovely. Annabel sounds simply amazing and I can't wait to hear more.
  • ping said:

OhMuseYou said:

i concur 

Ditto. :)
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • I'm talking about sound effects, not BPM. Synths used to create mood and atmosphere, and a strange environment. Like I said, the album is sounding lovely, I'm just hoping for some surprises.
  • Hopefully there's at least one electronic track.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Clay seems to have an electronic presence on it, from what I gather from the teaser anyway, synths in the background and a bit of an electronic growl to the track in general. Sounds divine.
  • Slippage said:

Clay seems to have an electronic presence on it, from what I gather from the teaser anyway, synths in the background and a bit of an electronic growl to the track in general. Sounds divine.

No disco beats though.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Alan said:

Slippage said:

Clay seems to have an electronic presence on it, from what I gather from the teaser anyway, synths in the background and a bit of an electronic growl to the track in general. Sounds divine.

No disco beats though.

You really haven't got to grips with what this album is liable to be, have you!

• OhMuseYou said:

Who doesn't want a "Goldfrapp" album? I just want an actual Goldfrapp album. And not something watered down for the radio, like their past three albums have undeniably been.
    Post edited by OhMuseYou at 2013-06-23 05:16:54
  • Yeah, that's a good way to put it for this release - a Goldfrapp album that it's exactly that. Distilled, concentrated and with a sign saying "Contains 100% Goldfrapp" on the ingredients list.
  • Yeah, that's a good way to put it for this release - a Goldfrapp album that it's exactly that. Distilled, concentrated and with a sign saying "Contains 100% Goldfrapp" on the ingredients list.

Nicely put! Bring on the 'frapp in any way, shape or form! 
  • Even though 'Clay' sounds nice, I can't wait for 'Annabel' and all its disco dance remixes.
  • Alan said:

Even though 'Clay' sounds nice, I can't wait for 'Annabel' and all its disco dance remixes.

Yes, because that's happening.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!